Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "It’s going to be hard to keep me here" - Brandon Phillips

Re: "It’s going to be hard to keep me here" - Brandon Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    They'd be foolish not to pick up the option for a year, at least. They can make a run at doing something in 2012 and then re-tool for 2013 -- possibly dealing Votto in the offseason.
    Agreed, the dearth of quality at the position factors in too. However I don't see another long term contract for him here if he wants to be "shown the money"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I love all the guys on the team right now and I love BP. I advocated signing Arroyo for a few more years, cause he just seems like he has the make-up to earn the big bucks for a few more years.

In BP's case. Let's say he signs a 4 year extension past 2012 (I imagine at his age he wants at least that). He would be 35 at the end of that contract. Do I think I'll be looking at 35 year old Brandon Phillips and say to myself, "Man, he earned that 65 million dollars"? Sadly, I think the answer to that question is no. Pay the man his 12 million in 2012, and unless the price/years is absolutely right, be prepared to move on.

-The Insider-

Ok so if BP does dip out during this off-season, who replaces him? Internally we don't have a set answer. I know Frazier only dabbled at second two years ago so that won't be the answer. Free agent wise, there isn't anything attractive that the Reds could afford. The only second baseman that may be available via trade would be Mark Ellis, Howie Kendrick and Michael Young.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Ok so if BP does dip out during this off-season, who replaces him? Internally we don't have a set answer. I know Frazier only dabbled at second two years ago so that won't be the answer. Free agent wise, there isn't anything attractive that the Reds could afford. The only second baseman that may be available via trade would be Mark Ellis, Howie Kendrick and Michael Young.
    Not sure I follow the dip out phrase , but I advocate excercising the 2012 option, which gives us 1.75 years from today to have an answer to that question, be it from internally or externally.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Not sure I follow the dip out phrase , but I advocate excercising the 2012 option, which gives us 1.75 years from today to have an answer to that question, be it from internally or externally.
    haha. It means leave.

-The Insider-

@datdudebp is about to be MLB Networks' Intentional Talk right now, so watch!

-The Insider-

Wow, Brandon is very funny. I've never really listened to him talk. I was a fan before, but wow he's great.

-The Insider-

Wow. BP called Volquez's dreads "black cheetos" hahah

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    When I originally read that, I really thought it was a misprint and they forgot "not". I still think that's the case.
    This is how I feel. Thought it was a misprint then, still think it is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?