Thread: 10-15 in 1 run games

10-15 in 1 run games

just saw the stat on ESPN.com. Pretty bad for a team that wants to contend

2. Turn Off Ads?
    NL Central champs

Re: 10-15 in 1 run games

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    just saw the stat on ESPN.com. Pretty bad for a team that wants to contend
    IMO, that is one of those stats that is kind of based on luck and over a long period of time will even itself out.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    IMO, that is one of those stats that is kind of based on luck and over a long period of time will even itself out.
    I disagree. I think it epitomizes this team this year. They lack the key, timely big hit. They had alot of big hits last year.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

We were 27-27 last year. I think it's more of a luck stat than anything because it doesn't tell whether you come from behind and win by 1 or lose by 1 or whatever.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I disagree. I think it epitomizes this team this year. They lack the key, timely big hit. They had alot of big hits last year.
    Offense ain't the problem, according to the manager.

And the GM apparently agrees. They're both positively ecstatic (OK, happy) with the guys they have. Those other cats are playing AAA ball.

Plus, they're all doing so well there, which one you gonna bring up? You want to bring Cozart up? Then what do you say to Francisco, or Frazier, or Hermida?

And what do you tell Paul Janish, for Christ's sake???

Last edited by malcontent; 06-19-2011 at 12:50 AM.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Offense ain't the problem, according to the manager.

And the GM apparently agrees. They're both positively ecstatic (OK, happy) with the guys they have. Those other cats are playing AAA ball.

Plus, they're all doing so well there, which one you gonna bring up? You want to bring Cozart up? Then what do you say to Francisco, or Frazier, or Hermida?

And what do you tell Paul Janish, for Christ's sake???

Yeah, we wouldn't want to hurt anybody's feelings.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Turn Off Ads?