Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Transactions

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Re: Transactions

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    True.

How about just dump Gomes completely off the roster?
    That is a ridiculously stupid idea. Jonny currently sports a 1.084 OPS against lefties this year and has a career .890 OPS against lefties in 843 PAs. Just because Dusty uses him inappropriately against right-handed starting pitchers does not mean Jonny should be "dumped" from the roster.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no room for Dave Sappelt on the roster right now. I like having a lefty bat off the bench which Sappelt is not and Heisey and Gomes are nice pieces. Unless you are going to add a star in left, there is no reason to make a move there now.

On the other hand, Cozart for Renteria makes a lot of sense.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    -The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Grandal to Carolina per Mudcats Twitter...
    Told you

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    That is a ridiculously stupid idea.
    I think you could have still made your point without this.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I think you could have still made your point without this.
    You are correct. I apologize for those words. I got a little upset because I have gone from a Gomes' "hater" to an "appreciator" this year, simply because the fans' view of Gomes has changes so much in one year.

Last year people (not necessarily informed posters on Redszone) were saying he was better than Bruce, which simply was not close to true because his defense is no where near Bruce and he is a below average hitter against right-handers to the point this year where people want to get rid of him.

Gomes is what he is. He is a great clubhouse guy to have around (which is impossible to quantify), he smokes left handers and he struggles in the field and at the plate against right handers. I think it would be irresponsible to get rid of Gomes because he is a flawed ballplayer. Give him all of the starts against left-handed starters, let him be your big LOOGY killer off the bench and sit him against right-handed starters. I hope Dusty is finally starting to see it this way too.

I like Dave Sappelt as a prospect. He is certainly lighting the world on fire at the plate in Louisville. I would love to see him in Cincinnati if something happens (God forbid) to one of our outfielders. Right now, I just don't think any outfielder deserves to be moved off the roster.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

You are correct. I apologize for those words.
    Fair enough. No hard feelings.

As for my issue with Gomes, it is because Dusty seems to not how to use him. I have no problem if he only plays vs. LHP. Hopefully if he's to remain on the roster, Dusty will use him correctly going forward.

Speaking of Sappelt, you mentioned above that you have zero interest in seeing him called up, but then a few minutes later on the ORG, you posted this.

I would love to call up Yonder to DH for the next 6 games. Him or Sappelt.
    Who would you have moved if he's called up?

I like the five current outfielders as stated in this thread. I would temporarily go down to eleven pitchers and send down Carlos Fisher for the next two series. Horst would be long man and if we tap out his arm, I would send him down and let Reineke clean up the rubble until Fisher is eligible again.

-The Insider-

I like the five current outfielders as stated in this thread. I would temporarily go down to eleven pitchers and send down Carlos Fisher for the next two series. Horst would be long man and if we tap out his arm, I would send him down and let Reineke clean up the rubble until Fisher is eligible again.
    He was just taken off the 40 today.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    He was just taken off the 40 today.
    Good point. Either way, I don't care who the long man is because if they are pitching its usually a blow out and you are just trying to save the rest of the bullpen for the next day. A DH like Alonso who can hit big league righties better than a Cairo has more value to me than a second long man (Fisher or Horst).

-The Insider-

You're right. It just depends. Sometimes NL teams like to have an extra pitcher in an AL park since there are no double switches. But I don't know what they'll do.

Reds trade SP Steven Jackson to the Pirates for a PTBNL.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    Reds trade SP Steven Jackson to the Pirates for a PTBNL.
    The PTBNL will be RB Chris Perry.
    Go BLUE!!!

From Kevin Goldstein:

The #Reds have added Italian LHP Luca Panerati to the Low-A Dayton roster.

http://twitter.com/Kevin_Goldstein

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    The PTBNL will be RB Chris Perry.
    Well played.

-The Insider-

INF Cody Puckett placed on the 7-day disabled list.

RHP Carlos Fisher optioned to Triple-A Louisville.

RHP Jason Braun has been reinstated on the Mudcats roster. If this is posted prior to now I apologize.

Turn Off Ads?