Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Saturday 06/18/11 MiLB Updates

Re: Saturday 06/18/11 MiLB Updates

Carroll in AAA hit the mid 90s throughout the game, according to the radar gun in Louisville. Pitched well against a Toledo team that fielded a couple major leaguers (Timo Perez, Brandon Inge) in the order.

First time I've seen Carroll-- nice arm. Nice delivery. Compact and a 12 -15 mph difference between fastball and offspeed/ change. He also has a nice cutter, I think. (Quite a few swing and misses on high 80s- low 90s pitches.

LeCure pitched fairly well. His stuff didn't show as well as Carroll's, actually. But he got the rare three inning save. Two hits, IIRC.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bakersfield scored 6 in the second. Big hit was a 2-run HR by Brodie Greene.

NL Central champs

Bakersfield won 11-6

Grandal (DH), Kahaulelio, Fleury, Means all had 2 hits and Hunt had 3 hits.

Gregorious had 2 errors and a double.

Janke went 3 innings and allowed 7 hits, 6 runs (5 earned), 2 BB, 3 K.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Fleury is really playing well of late. Man do we have some serious catching depth in the organization. They need to promote Grandal to AA (both catchers at Carolina are horrible IMO) and let him play everyday there. Then Fleury could play everyday at Bakersfield. What am I missing here?

-The Insider-

It may happen in the next few days.

In the Bakersfield win, Clayton Shunick threw four scoreless with 6 K, lowering his ERA to 1.60. He's been a nice surprise (to me, at least) this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    In the Bakersfield win, Clayton Shunick threw four scoreless with 6 K, lowering his ERA to 1.60. He's been a nice surprise (to me, at least) this year.
    His very brief stint here isn't a fair measure of what he's capable of. I'm glad to see he's helping Bakersfield. He is a product of N.C. State.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Fleury is really playing well of late. Man do we have some serious catching depth in the organization. They need to promote Grandal to AA (both catchers at Carolina are horrible IMO) and let him play everyday there. Then Fleury could play everyday at Bakersfield. What am I missing here?
    Carolina has been forunate to have a James Skelton this year with Denove being out and Coddington's inconsistency at the plate. In 22 games here Skelton has hit.278 which is well beyond acceptable. Defensively, he isn't a liability. I wouldn't call either of these guys AAA prospects right now but I would never label Skelton as horrible. He makes contact at the plate and is, for the most part, a line drive hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    he is quietly producing in limited time.

AAA- Mesoraco
    AA- Grandal
    A+- Fleury
    A- Barnhardt

Chris Buckley is getting it done when it comes to drafting catchers.

-The Insider-

I'm not too sure why Bruan was brought back up to Carolina the other day and Shunick was not. I would only guess that it's just a temporary move and that they'd have someone else ready for the second half.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    I'm not too sure why Bruan was brought back up to Carolina the other day and Shunick was not. I would only guess that it's just a temporary move and that they'd have someone else ready for the second half.
    It's definitely temporary. Braun is 24-year-old organizational filler who puts a lot of people on base, even in the Midwest League where he is consistently 2-4 years older than the typical competition.

Turn Off Ads?