Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #&@*! This season is giving me an ulcer!

#&@*! This season is giving me an ulcer!

Can anyone else think of a season in recent memory that is equaly as frustrating as this one is. It is not over by any means, but I keep waiting for them to turn it on. Every time I think they are about to, they punch me in the gut. #&@*! I need a drink.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: #&@*! This season is giving me an ulcer!

Coming into the season, expectations were much higher based on last season's result. Thus, the frustration.

Shoulda known in spring training when Bronson came down with Mono, Volquez couldn't throw strikes yet was made Opening Day starter, Bailey and Cueto were injured, and our LF was going to be manned by Gomes, Lewis, Hermida, that this season was going to be a bust.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

If Cordero was scaring us like he did last season (on top of our overall team inconsistency), it would be intense this year, no doubt about that.

It is one of the most frustrating seasons. During the years when we were out of contention, I could handle the losing and stupid decisions by management.

I really, really do not understand why Edgar Renteria, Fred Lewis, and Jonny Gomes are on this roster. There are guys in AAA that could help at the big league level, yet they don't get the chance to play! I posted this line a few weeks ago...and I am sure many of you are aware, but this is the production we are getting from our SSs:

AVG: .228 ---- HR: 0 ---- RBI:29 ---- R: 25 ---- K: 47 --- BB: 21 ---- XBH: 11 ---- OBP: .285 ---- OPS: .550

Here is what we have in AAA (and I know the numbers probably won't translate into the same line at the ML level, but he couldn't be any worse)

AVG: .318 ---- HR: 7 ---- RBI: 28 ---- R:49 ---- K: 38 ---- BB: 17 ---- XBH: 31 ---- OBP: .362 ---- OPS:.860

Why Zack Cozart is not on our roster is beyond me. He CANNOT do any worse than the body and a pulse that is playing SS everyday now.

-DFA Lewis, bring up Sappelt to play LF
    -DFA Renteria, bring up Cozart to play SS

I'd be fine with leaving Gomes on the roster, even though I would like to get our minor league guys up here, it would be hard to DFA Gomes and bring up, say, Frazier or Alonso, because they would ride the pine if Sappelt became the everyday LF. But believe me, I hate Gomes as much as the next guy.

It also looks like Rolen is coming around, but if he relapses and gets injured, I would get Frazier back up here and DL Rolen.

Sorry to keep going, but I wish the Reds would go after Josh Johnson, Ricky Nolasco, or Anibal Sanchez. The Marlins are sinking fast, so why not make a move and get one of their SPs?

OK....I'm done.

I really, really do not understand why Edgar Renteria, Fred Lewis, and Jonny Gomes are on this roster.
    You and everyone else in the known universe except the two folks that matter. Let's hope those two make us all some crow.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    You and everyone else in the known universe except the two folks that matter. Let's hope those two make us all some crow.
    +1 for that comment!

I just have a hard time dealing with home series losses to teams we should be beating, as these are the type of things that can come back and bite you.

Win roughly half your away games, hope for the best at home vs. the elite, but allowing the Pirates/D Backs/Blue Jays, etc to come into your home stadium and take 2 out of 3 is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    I just have a hard time dealing with home series losses to teams we should be beating, as these are the type of things that can come back and bite you.

Win roughly half your away games, hope for the best at home vs. the elite, but allowing the Pirates/D Backs/Blue Jays, etc to come into your home stadium and take 2 out of 3 is unacceptable.
    To be honest, the Blue Jays would probably be leading the NL Central right now if they were in it.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf371 View Post
    To be honest, the Blue Jays would probably be leading the NL Central right now if they were in it.
    Yeah, they are a solid team, but they are in the wrong division, that's for sure.

I'm sure they are a big proponent of the potential realignment

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf371 View Post
    no

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    Can anyone else think of a season in recent memory that is equaly as frustrating as this one is.
    All you have to do is think all the way back to LAST season

Everyday people here would post THIS IS A MUST WIN GAME

or THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING

Quote Originally Posted by mr. red View Post
    I really, really do not understand why Edgar Renteria, Fred Lewis, and Jonny Gomes are on this roster.
    Jonny is hitting .346 in June

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    no
    They are 36-35 on the season

3-6 Against Boston
    3-5 Against the Yankees
    3-5 Against the Rays

9-16 against those 3 teams, any other division and they would have 4 more wins easy

4 more wins put them leading our Division

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Jonny is hitting .346 in June

He also only has 26 ABs in June.

He hit .208 in April and .180 in May. He's hitting .216 on the year. His "June" average isn't justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    They are 36-35 on the season

3-6 Against Boston
    3-5 Against the Yankees
    3-5 Against the Rays

9-16 against those 3 teams, any other division and they would have 4 more wins easy

4 more wins put them leading our Division
    Translated,we shouldn't win because they have a better team.I don't buy that.This pitch,that play,it sometimes happens.Not in 162 or so games.Toronto doesn't have a better pitching staff or better defense or offense.

Turn Off Ads?