Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Why the Reds won't be players in the Trade market

Why the Reds won't be players in the Trade market

It is fun to sit here and discuss whom we think the Reds should trade for and such, but I think if you look at the Reds and listen to what Walt says and how Dusty handles the team, I think you can also look at a few other things that point to the Reds not making any major moves trades wise...

1. The Reds are in the playoff hunt which is good, but also bad. We have had some "key" issues and yet we are right there. I believe both Walt and Dusty feel that if the Reds can turn around those issues we will be just fine.

2. This team won it all last year with basically the exact same pieces so both Walt and Dusty see no reason why they can't this year.

3. The Cards are dealing with some "key" injuries and such and I am betting both Walt and Dusty feel this will catch up to them and they will drop out of the divisional race down the road.

4. To cut lose of say Gomes or Edgar would show they made mistakes in the offseason and i don't see them willing to do that.

5. I don't believe Walt believes in "rentals" and thus wouldn't look at players like Beltran or Reyes who wouldn't be with the team outside of the final months of this season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why the Reds won't be players in the Trade market

Im not saying they will or wont make a move but if I had to guess I say they will. I don't think they will rent someone tho.

I don't expect a blockbuster deal, but I can see a minor deal or two.

There is only one reason why the Reds will or won't be players and that is Bob Castellni. You can't be a player if you aren't given any money to play with.

Turn Off Ads?