Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tuesday June 21, 2011 Minor League Updates

Re: Tuesday June 21, 2011 Minor League Updates

When Chapman comes back up, the Reds need to seriously can the whole 'Cuban Missile' and '105' scoreboard graphics crap. That makes the Reds look silly and I think can get in Chapman's head.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    Homer is still not right. If he goes back up and pitches like he has in his last 2 starts with Louisville, he's going to get shelled.
    I watched him pitch.

Throwing strikes, getting swings and mises, not walking guys.

Hits were all bleeders except one.

He was fine, you are just looking at the box score which can be very deceiving.

He had 12 GB's to 1 FB.

When Chapman comes back up, the Reds need to seriously can the whole 'Cuban Missile' and '105' scoreboard graphics crap. That makes the Reds look silly and I think can get in Chapman's head.
    Agreed. Rein in the marketing department.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    He was fine, you are just looking at the box score which can be very deceiving.
    I was at the game.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I was at the game.
    Were you sleeping?

Do you realize Pawtucket, who is one of the weaker hitting teams in the league, hit over .300 off Bailey? Homer has been way too hittable and when he is on his game, he is not that hittable.

-The Insider-

Do you realize Pawtucket, who is one of the weaker hitting teams in the league, hit over .300 off Bailey? Homer has been way too hittable and when he is on his game, he is not that hittable.
    Despite this, he's likely starting Sunday for Cincy.

And it sounds as if he had better defense behind him on the bloop hits and infield hits, everyone would be talking about how good he looked.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Turn Off Ads?