Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Rolen's career is over!

Scott Rolen's career is over!

He's a sinking ship who's taking the REDS down with him.

He already ruined....completely by himself....any playoff chances the REDS had last year.

Every great player gets a Dead-Cat-Bounce once during the end of their career. I predicted that Scott Rolen would get one (not two, as no Veteran ever gets more than one unless they do steroids), and Rolen had his already with the REDS.

I'm hoping Scott Rolen and Miguel Cairo and Edgar Renteria all get Major back injuries over the next week so that their aging bodies can be replaced. Their time is over. They are sinking ships. They are taking the REDS 2011 potential down with them.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Scott Rolen's career is over!

I will agree with you on Rolen and Edgar, but not sure how you can be upset with the play of Cairo this season. He is versitile and produces when not asked to play day in and day out. For a bench role player, to me Cairo is very good and a key part of the bench.

He has really lost his power stroke this year and he has been frustrating to watch. However, the entire team looks like they got old in a hurry. At least Rolen doesn't make stupid, fundamental mistakes.

He wouldn't be terrible if you could hide him hitting 7th in your lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I will agree with you on Rolen and Edgar, but not sure how you can be upset with the play of Cairo this season. He is versitile and produces when not asked to play day in and day out. For a bench role player, to me Cairo is very good and a key part of the bench.
    Only that if Rolen wasn't here, Cairo would play every day and then his weaknesses would be exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by mgbrown66 View Post
    He has really lost his power stroke this year and he has been frustrating to watch. However, the entire team looks like they got old in a hurry. At least Rolen doesn't make stupid, fundamental mistakes.

He wouldn't be terrible if you could hide him hitting 7th in your lineup.
    We have too many guys trying to hide 7th in the lineup right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    We have too many guys trying to hide 7th in the lineup right now.

Touche

Only that if Rolen wasn't here, Cairo would play every day and then his weaknesses would be exposed.
    No if Rolen wasn't here I am thinking we would see either Frazier or Juan at 3rd. The Reds see Cairo as the true versitile backup, not an everyday starter.

its not over until he retires

I'm not sure I follow you when you include Cairo on that list. As a bench and backup player you aren't going to get much better than him, anywhere in baseball.

Lets Party Like it's 1869

who do we have to replace him? Francisco? From what ive seen he is worst.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    No if Rolen wasn't here I am thinking we would see either Frazier or Juan at 3rd. The Reds see Cairo as the true versitile backup, not an everyday starter.
    I agree, a lot more pop in Francisco and Frazier's bat. I also cannot get over the fact that a guy that was throwing no harder then 86mph, held us to two ugly runs we were lucky to get.

Lets Party Like it's 1869

Yea their 3rd base man gave us those two runs... By all rights we should have been shut out.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaxspore View Post
    who do we have to replace him? Francisco? From what ive seen he is worst.
    Francisco does not have warning track power, he will deliver the long ball. He has not been healthy for an entire year. Defensively not as good as Rolen, but I trade the pop in his bat. I know it is AAA, but he hit two dingers last night.

He's a sinking ship who's taking the REDS down with him.

He already ruined....completely by himself....any playoff chances the REDS had last year.

Every great player gets a Dead-Cat-Bounce once during the end of their career. I predicted that Scott Rolen would get one (not two, as no Veteran ever gets more than one unless they do steroids), and Rolen had his already with the REDS.

I'm hoping Scott Rolen and Miguel Cairo and Edgar Renteria all get Major back injuries over the next week so that their aging bodies can be replaced. Their time is over. They are sinking ships. They are taking the REDS 2011 potential down with them.
    You can't be any more wrong about Cairo IMO, the guy has been very valuable in his role on the roster.

You're saying he has no value because of what the Reds would theoretically do if Rolen wasn't playing? Doesn't make a bit of sense to me.

I have to bump this to respond to the two people who asked me, "Why Cairo?".

Turn Off Ads?