Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OOTP12 is OUT! And I highly reccommend it.

Time is the Revelator.

Re: OOTP12 is OUT! And I highly reccommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Guys, go ahead and roast me alive for my first ever OOTP trade, which I made 4 weeks into the Reds 2011 season:

Alonso, Hernandez, and Hermida for

Mike Cameron and 3B prospect David Renfroe.

Renfroe is still in A-ball but with a ton of potential. I "shopped" Alonso, and BOS said they'd take him for Renfroe. I added in Hernandez and Cameron, so I could call up Mes and help the OF (Heisey's been really struggling for me), then proposed the trade. Theo Epstein e-mailed back and said he'd do it if I added Hermida. So I did.

Also, why are all the opposing GMs so... grumpy.

That's a smart and fair trade, IMO. Good work.

What is your rotation?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Anyone here play in online leagues? I used to do that, probably all the way back in OOTP 6, but just haven't had the time in recent years. It was a pretty fun hobby.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Time is the Revelator.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Anyone here play in online leagues? I used to do that, probably all the way back in OOTP 6, but just haven't had the time in recent years. It was a pretty fun hobby.
    I use to as well.

We should get a RedsZone league going.

That's a smart and fair trade, IMO. Good work.

What is your rotation?
    Thanks.

And my current MLB (Reds) rotation is: Arroyo, Cueto, Maloney, Volquez, Bailey; with Wood on the DL, LeCure in the pen, and Leake in LOU.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ View Post
    I use to as well.

We should get a RedsZone league going.
    That would be a blast! I've always wanted to wade into the online league water but have never figured out when/how. A RedsZone league would be excellent and a really fun idea. With the first major patch coming Thursday I think we will have the opportunity to set such a thing up if there is interest.

I'd probably consider a RedsZone league also, although I have to say, I always played in fictional leagues, which I'm not sure would be popular enough here to recruit enough members. From what I saw real leagues fell apart pretty quickly from having to have so many owners, some having to take weak teams, etc. A fictional league you start from scratch so it starts on a little more equal footing, and you can enact some interesting scenarios.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I'd probably consider a RedsZone league also, although I have to say, I always played in fictional leagues, which I'm not sure would be popular enough here to recruit enough members. From what I saw real leagues fell apart pretty quickly from having to have so many owners, some having to take weak teams, etc. A fictional league you start from scratch so it starts on a little more equal footing, and you can enact some interesting scenarios.
    In single player fictional is the way I prefer to play, so I'd imagine it would be great for online as well. If more people would give fictional a shot I think they'd find they like it.

Online leagues is the only way I can play the game nowadays. Being able to build your own team and compete against 30 other owners is just awesome.

Time is the Revelator.

So I imagine it would be hard getting enough owners for a RZ only league, right?

So I imagine it would be hard getting enough owners for a RZ only league, right?
    Yeah, I prob. wouldn't do one right now... just not familiar enough with the game yet.

BTW, feel free to join me, reds1869, and hebroncougar here.

Also, someone posts there under the name "perfectDARK", not sure if that's the same person as Sun Decker "theDARK" or not.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Time is the Revelator.

I am "0-2, 2 BB" at the OOTP forums.

I would play, but only have OTTP 5 and I am in several leagues there, that version is free and I think is more fun than the newer versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta16 View Post
    I would play, but only have OTTP 5 and I am in several leagues there, that version is free and I think is more fun than the newer versions.
    OOTP 5 was a lot of fun, as were all of the older versions. There are still many people who consider 6 the best edition ever. I agreed until 11, which I think has been passed by 12.

I still think 6.5 was the most fun, I enjoy the added on features of 7 to 11 (not gonna buy 12) but 6.5 was the easiest one to just open and go.
    Go Gators!

I'm in two OOTP online leagues currently, HBL and APBL. Competing against other live "GM's" is very entertaining. I have even competed against a few RedZoners in these leagues.

Turn Off Ads?