Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: OOTP12 is OUT! And I highly reccommend it.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Time is the Revelator.

OOTP12 is OUT! And I highly reccommend it.

So folks.. OOTP 12 was released today and it is AHHH-MAZZ-ING!

I started my Reds franchise and made a few moves:

- Traded Edgar Renteria to Oakland for OF Jeremy Barfield (AA)
    Just wanted Edgar gone. Barfield may project as a backup OF/AAAA player. We'll see. Fair trade.

- Traded Edison Volquez, Jordan Smith and Kris Negron to Detroit for MR Daniel Schlereth, SP Drew Smyly (A), C Patrick Leyland (low A) and CF Jamie Johnson (AA).
    Edison is my least favorite Red. Not because he sucks, I just don't like his attitude. He is rated fairly decently in this game, as he should be. Smyly projects to be a potential #3 starter in the bigs in about ~3 years. Leyland has good potential, but is pretty far out. Johnson, I hope will be starting CF next season for me. Has a great eye, great glove and great speed. Schelereth is a top of the line middle reliever and is currently setting up Cordero for me. He's young and should be my Closer soon. Fair trade, I do believe. Tigers rotation is pretty crazy.

- Traded Roman Herandnez to Los Angeles Dodgers for SS Jake Lemmerman (AA).
    Simply a salary/player dump. Love Ramon, but I wanted Mes on the big team. Lemmerman is 21 and has some mild potential. Could be a backup or utility in a few years.

That's all the trades I made. Had to get the team how I wanted it to be to start the season.

My lineup:
    Stubbs, CF
    Phillips, 2B
    Votto, 1B
    Bruce, RF
    Rolen, 3B
    Cozart, SS
    Hanigan, C
    Lewis, LF (Gomes vs. LHP)

I'm going to bring Alonso up in a few weeks I imagine.

Bench: Janish, Mes, Heisley, Cario, Gomes, Francisco.

Rotation:
    Cueto
    Bailey
    Chapman
    Arroyo
    Leake

Pen:
    Cordero
    Schlereth
    Bray
    Masset
    Ondrusek
    Wood

First game of the season was INTENSE!

Take a look:

http://designatedforassignment.net/o...eningDay.shtml

Fred Lewis for the win.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: OOTP12 is OUT! And I highly reccommend it.

I've been hooked on the iPhone version for weeks. Buying that app was one of my worst decisions ever.

Looking at the 'new' features I actually think I'll be skipping this one, at least until the half off sale they will have a few months, nothing really ground breaking to me to make an upgrade from 11 worth it.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Looking at the 'new' features I actually think I'll be skipping this one, at least until the half off sale they will have a few months, nothing really ground breaking to me to make an upgrade from 11 worth it.
    It may look like not much has changed, but I can't even begin to describe how much better this version plays. I highly recommend it.

Time is the Revelator.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    It may look like not much has changed, but I can't even begin to describe how much better this version plays. I highly recommend it.
    Agreed. Better than 11 in a number of ways and it's worth the $40.

Oh, and according to my season thus far this Heisey kid might have a little bit of power.

Time is the Revelator.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Oh, and according to my season thus far this Heisey kid might have a little bit of power.
    He needs to pick it up for me.

My best hitter thus far:

Joey Votto, leading every category in the majors pretty much.

.415 AVG, .500 OBP, 1.269 OPS, 6 HR, 13 RBI in 65 AB.

Stat geek...and proud

They don't let you try it before you buy it? I downloaded it, and figured there was a trial period before you have to register it, and every option is blacked out. Don't know how they expect me to drop 40 bones sight unseen. This is why people torrent stuff.

Time is the Revelator.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    They don't let you try it before you buy it? I downloaded it, and figured there was a trial period before you have to register it, and every option is blacked out. Don't know how they expect me to drop 40 bones sight unseen. This is why people torrent stuff.
    There is usually a demo every year. Maybe try the OOTP11 demo if there isn't a 12 yet. I've been buying since OOTP7 and it's absolutely the best game, as a baseball nerd, I've ever "experienced".

Time is the Revelator.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post

So is this a lot better than Baseball Mogul or are the pretty similar. I have been playing Mogul for years now and love it. Only thing that I dont like in BM is from a GM perspective it is unrealistic with no waivers and options never coming in to play. Does this have that?

Quote Originally Posted by jwdoc77 View Post
    So is this a lot better than Baseball Mogul or are the pretty similar. I have been playing Mogul for years now and love it. Only thing that I dont like in BM is from a GM perspective it is unrealistic with no waivers and options never coming in to play. Does this have that?
    Baseball Mogul is a teeball league compared to OOTP's MLB. OOTP is incredibly deep and the options for rules are pretty wide open. The MLB quick start mimics real life pretty realistically.

Time is the Revelator.

Quote Originally Posted by jwdoc77 View Post
    Oh man, so much better and more in depth.

Added this year is even the option of rehab assignments in the minors and contract vesting options.

Geeet it!

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ View Post
    Oh man, so much better and more in depth.

Added this year is even the option of rehab assignments in the minors and contract vesting options.

Geeet it!
    This sounds pretty cool, im pumped...I found '11 for mac thru the apps page...wonder if '12 is just not out yet for mac as I dont see it on there.

Turn Off Ads?