Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OOTP12 is OUT! And I highly reccommend it.

Re: OOTP12 is OUT! And I highly reccommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by jwdoc77 View Post
    So is this a lot better than Baseball Mogul or are the pretty similar. I have been playing Mogul for years now and love it. Only thing that I dont like in BM is from a GM perspective it is unrealistic with no waivers and options never coming in to play. Does this have that?
    Baseball Mogul is a teeball league compared to OOTP's MLB. OOTP is incredibly deep and the options for rules are pretty wide open. The MLB quick start mimics real life pretty realistically.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Time is the Revelator.

So is this a lot better than Baseball Mogul or are the pretty similar. I have been playing Mogul for years now and love it. Only thing that I dont like in BM is from a GM perspective it is unrealistic with no waivers and options never coming in to play. Does this have that?
    Oh man, so much better and more in depth.

Added this year is even the option of rehab assignments in the minors and contract vesting options.

Geeet it!

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ View Post
    Oh man, so much better and more in depth.

Added this year is even the option of rehab assignments in the minors and contract vesting options.

Geeet it!
    This sounds pretty cool, im pumped...I found '11 for mac thru the apps page...wonder if '12 is just not out yet for mac as I dont see it on there.

Time is the Revelator.

This sounds pretty cool, im pumped...I found '11 for mac thru the apps page...wonder if '12 is just not out yet for mac as I dont see it on there.
    http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/out-.../downloads.php

So i got the game and have been playing. Not sure I like it mainly becuase of 1 reason. 20 games into my first season and Votto tore his labrum....guess how long he is out? Forever, he decided to retire.

Time is the Revelator.

So i got the game and have been playing. Not sure I like it mainly becuase of 1 reason. 20 games into my first season and Votto tore his labrum....guess how long he is out? Forever, he decided to retire.
    Oh man! That stinks. Well, I'm all for realistic game play and you take what you get, BUT - personally, I wouldn't allow that to be the case.

You can edit his injury and make it only for the season (or however long you wish) and put him back on your team.

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ View Post
    Oh man! That stinks. Well, I'm all for realistic game play and you take what you get, BUT - personally, I wouldn't allow that to be the case.

You can edit his injury and make it only for the season (or however long you wish) and put him back on your team.
    Yeah...i think I am just going to start fresh...I was only 20 games in

How much does it cost?

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Time is the Revelator.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    How much does it cost?

$39.99

Also the cost of a divorce lawyer or whatever your job is worth to you, cause you will be addicted.

Also the cost of a divorce lawyer or whatever your job is worth to you, cause you will be addicted.
    Dude, I'm a kid in the summer with no job or social life whatsoever. I've got all the time in the world. And I've owned OOTP12 for all of 15 minutes now, and I'm already addicted... but also kinda confused and overwhelmed. Any 1st-timer tips are much appreciated.

Oh, 1 question- why are all the team logos fake?

Another question- can you edit player numbers?

Last edited by Redsfan320; 06-26-2011 at 10:50 PM.
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Dude, I'm a kid in the summer with no job or social life whatsoever. I've got all the time in the world. And I've owned OOTP12 for all of 15 minutes now, and I'm already addicted... but also kinda confused and overwhelmed. Any 1st-timer tips are much appreciated.

Oh, 1 question- why are all the team logos fake?

Another question- can you edit player numbers?

Below is a helpful website that is essential if you play OOTP. It is official and the creator of the series posts regularly. As for the logos, they are fake due to licensing restrictions. A poke around the mods section of the forums will help solve that in a hurry. To edit a player number, go to his profile page and choose "assign jersey number" in the lower right hand portion of the screen (or act in commissioner mode and edit his profile in the player editor).

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/

Also, Padres Fans Mods is excellent. It is thin on 12 files, but things for OOTP 11 will work great for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Below is a helpful website that is essential if you play OOTP. It is official and the creator of the series posts regularly. As for the logos, they are fake due to licensing restrictions. A poke around the mods section of the forums will help solve that in a hurry. To edit a player number, go to his profile page and choose "assign jersey number" in the lower right hand portion of the screen (or act in commissioner mode and edit his profile in the player editor).

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/

Also, Padres Fans Mods is excellent. It is thin on 12 files, but things for OOTP 11 will work great for the most part.
    Thanks a lot, 1869. Much appreciated.

Guys, go ahead and roast me alive for my first ever OOTP trade, which I made 4 weeks into the Reds 2011 season:

Alonso, Hernandez, and Hermida for

Mike Cameron and 3B prospect David Renfroe.

Renfroe is still in A-ball but with a ton of potential. I "shopped" Alonso, and BOS said they'd take him for Renfroe. I added in Hernandez and Cameron, so I could call up Mes and help the OF (Heisey's been really struggling for me), then proposed the trade. Theo Epstein e-mailed back and said he'd do it if I added Hermida. So I did.

Also, why are all the opposing GMs so... grumpy.

Guys, go ahead and roast me alive for my first ever OOTP trade, which I made 4 weeks into the Reds 2011 season:

Alonso, Hernandez, and Hermida for

Mike Cameron and 3B prospect David Renfroe.

Renfroe is still in A-ball but with a ton of potential. I "shopped" Alonso, and BOS said they'd take him for Renfroe. I added in Hernandez and Cameron, so I could call up Mes and help the OF (Heisey's been really struggling for me), then proposed the trade. Theo Epstein e-mailed back and said he'd do it if I added Hermida. So I did.

Also, why are all the opposing GMs so... grumpy.

You haven't lived until you've set trading to "Very Hard, Favor Prospects." Then get back to me about grumpy GMs!

You haven't lived until you've set trading to "Very Hard, Favor Prospects." Then get back to me about grumpy GMs!
    LOL, I mean its not that they're disagreeable, just grumpy about it.

Anyway, about a month later, I called up Cozart, sent down Janish, and sat Renteria's butt on the bench. He sends me an email about wanting to be in the lineup, hating coming to the ballpark, and hoping he gets the respect he deserves. I promptly traded him to the Royals for a very high potential starter named Jake Odorizzi.

Turn Off Ads?