Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cozart Up Friday?

Re: Cozart Up Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Do you mind if I begin mocking YOUR opinions? Imo, it's getting to the point where it's just flat out rude.
    So, you can dish it out?

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89749

But I can't eh?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Any ways, a guy at work said that Mark Amazon said on his post-game show tomorrow that he heard from a very good source inside the Reds that Renteria would be DFA'd and that Cozart would be called up. I don't listen to any WLW shows, so I did not hear this personally, but I found the continued speculation interesting...

Please take the personal stuff private. A thread about Cozart doesn't need personal jabs to further the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

So, you can dish it out?

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89749

But I can't eh?
    That was not mocking or trying to make fun of anyone or any such thing. I posted them as examples...only. Only after the fact did someone mention that it might be viewed as "calling someone out". It wasn't meant in that way (as I clearly posted afterwards) and it was too late to edit it. And lastly...you are fully aware of this.

I hate to use the ignore feature, so instead I'd just appreciate it if you'd post a bit more respectfully is all. If not, fine...I'll use the feature. This isn't the first instance of this...it's happened quite a bit lately.

~edit~ My apologies Plus Plus. I just now saw your post.

I have to think Fay knew something. Could come from the clubhouse staff, who might have to be prepping a uniform, or something.

I know I'm flagellating a deceased Fay equine, but there are journalistic terms for "I have a feeling" or "a little birdie told me", e.g. anonymous sources, off the record, on the record, not for attribution, deep background, blah blah blah. It helps frame the discussion better. Be a pro, dude.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I know I'm flagellating a deceased Fay equine, but there are journalistic terms for "I have a feeling" or "a little birdie told me", e.g. anonymous sources, off the record, on the record, not for attribution, deep background, blah blah blah. It helps frame the discussion better. Be a pro, dude.
    Be a pro? I know a lot of people don't like Fay on RZ and I don't exactly know why. For the most part he is a pretty conservative reporter and won't run with a story until he has proof that its going to happen. To me this quote is all you need to know about what is going to happen Friday night:

I think you could see Zack Cozart in a Reds uniform by the time the club gets to Baltimore. I don’t know that for sure, but I get that sense.
    This could be a clubhouse source telling him, the equipment manager telling him, someone with the Bats telling him, etc. He can't come right out and say it because sources are invaluable until they are exposed.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Normally, I'd agree with that. But all those other euphemisms have an inescapable conclusion -- "I was given this information by the Reds." The Reds try to be professional about these things, and I don't think they want irrefutable evidence that beat writers had this information before the club talked to Dead Man Walking. I can imagine a conversation where Fay was asked, "if you write it, don't say it came from us."

Now, Fay works for the Enquirer and not the Reds, but he has to be in that clubhouse every day. Sometimes a little finesse is required.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Be a pro? I know a lot of people don't like Fay on RZ and I don't exactly know why. For the most part he is a pretty conservative reporter and won't run with a story until he has proof that its going to happen. To me this quote is all you need to know about what is going to happen Friday night:

This could be a clubhouse source telling him, the equipment manager telling him, someone with the Bats telling him, etc. He can't come right out and say it because sources are invaluable until they are exposed.
    Agreed. I can't remember when he has said something was happening, and it didn't happen.

I tend to think the blog is made specifically for stuff like this. Where he has a sense, but doesn't have all the facts just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

One thing that's curious about this instance re: Cozart is Fay hasn't even come close to forming an opinion / sharing what he knows re: the current situations with LF, SS and the rumors that involve them beyond what he's heard directly from Walt's mouth. The fact that he's shucked that mentality for a "sense" tells me he's hearing something concrete.

The Reds just cleared a spot on their 40 man roster. Probably has nothing to do with Cozart, but interesting anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

If the reds need me to, I would be glad to swing over to BWI and pick cozart up.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    The Reds just cleared a spot on their 40 man roster. Probably has nothing to do with Cozart, but interesting anyways.
    Maybe Dontrelle?

Just additional needless speculation; In the 9th inning of the 2nd game last night, I saw someone warming up in the Reds bullpen. The only reason it interested me was because it was a left hander, and as far as I knew, Bill Bray is the only left hander on the roster right now(Travis Wood had been sent down earlier.) And of course he had already pitched, and had pitched earlier that day, so I couldn't see him walking back to the bullpen in any case.

I know it's not uncommon for a reliever to get up and "get some work in" when a game is out of hand, but does anyone know whom that may have been?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Maybe Dontrelle?

Just additional needless speculation; In the 9th inning of the 2nd game last night, I saw someone warming up in the Reds bullpen. The only reason it interested me was because it was a left hander, and as far as I knew, Bill Bray is the only left hander on the roster right now(Travis Wood had been sent down earlier.) And of course he had already pitched, and had pitched earlier that day, so I couldn't see him walking back to the bullpen in any case.

I know it's not uncommon for a reliever to get up and "get some work in" when a game is out of hand, but does anyone know whom that may have been?
    Was it Horst?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    When was that? Or who? I think I missed it.

Turn Off Ads?