Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 105

Thread: Cozart Up Friday?

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,206

    Re: Cozart Up Friday?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    Was it Horst?
    Is he a lefty? He would make sense as he hasn't pitched in a long time.
    For some reason I thought he was right handed, but if not, that solves the mystery.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    4,101

    Re: Cozart Up Friday?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Is he a lefty? He would make sense as he hasn't pitched in a long time.
    For some reason I thought he was right handed, but if not, that solves the mystery.
    He is, and you're right, he hasn't thrown in a while.

  4. #63
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,247

    Re: Cozart Up Friday?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Maybe Dontrelle?

    Just additional needless speculation; In the 9th inning of the 2nd game last night, I saw someone warming up in the Reds bullpen. The only reason it interested me was because it was a left hander, and as far as I knew, Bill Bray is the only left hander on the roster right now(Travis Wood had been sent down earlier.) And of course he had already pitched, and had pitched earlier that day, so I couldn't see him walking back to the bullpen in any case.

    I know it's not uncommon for a reliever to get up and "get some work in" when a game is out of hand, but does anyone know whom that may have been?
    You saw Sasquatch, or in Ohio it is known as Grassman, or more precisely Jeremy Horst
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  5. #64
    I thought you'd be bigger OldXOhio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Green Country
    Posts
    2,791

    Re: Cozart Up Friday?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Maybe Dontrelle?

    Just additional needless speculation; In the 9th inning of the 2nd game last night, I saw someone warming up in the Reds bullpen. The only reason it interested me was because it was a left hander, and as far as I knew, Bill Bray is the only left hander on the roster right now(Travis Wood had been sent down earlier.) And of course he had already pitched, and had pitched earlier that day, so I couldn't see him walking back to the bullpen in any case.

    I know it's not uncommon for a reliever to get up and "get some work in" when a game is out of hand, but does anyone know whom that may have been?

    Dontrelle's tweets indicate he was in Louisville yesterday.
    Originally Posted by nate
    Chapman can be downright pornographic at times.

  6. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,391

    Re: Cozart Up Friday?

    The offense in Baltimore stands to get a boost with Gomes or whoever else is the DH and with the SS hitting 9th to possibly do some table-setting for the top of the order.

  7. #66
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Loveland, OH
    Posts
    3,084

    Re: Cozart Up Friday?

    I would love to call up Yonder to DH for the next 6 games. Him or Sappelt.

  8. #67
    Member Reds/Flyers Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati USA
    Posts
    3,384

    Re: Cozart Up Friday?

    Zack Cozart is in the lineup and leading off tonight for Louisville at home vs. Pawtucket; Alonso is hitting sixth.

  9. #68
    Knowledge Is Good Big Klu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    19,518

    Re: Cozart Up Friday?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Maybe Dontrelle?

    Just additional needless speculation; In the 9th inning of the 2nd game last night, I saw someone warming up in the Reds bullpen. The only reason it interested me was because it was a left hander, and as far as I knew, Bill Bray is the only left hander on the roster right now(Travis Wood had been sent down earlier.) And of course he had already pitched, and had pitched earlier that day, so I couldn't see him walking back to the bullpen in any case.

    I know it's not uncommon for a reliever to get up and "get some work in" when a game is out of hand, but does anyone know whom that may have been?
    Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    Was it Horst?
    Some folks believe Horst doesn't exist. But we now have evidence of a recent sighting.

    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

  10. #69
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,593

    Re: Cozart Up Friday?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Zack Cozart is in the lineup and leading off tonight for Louisville at home vs. Pawtucket; Alonso is hitting sixth.
    He wouldn't be called up today anyhow. They don't call guys up on off-days, typically, especially if the person being replaced is going to be released or designated for assignment (because they still have to continue paying those players and the replacement would accrue service time if they're called up on an off-day).

    So if Cozart were to come up tomorrow, it wouldn't happen until tomorrow afternoon (though he'd be told about it tonight so he can join the team in the morning).
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  11. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,206

    Re: Cozart Up Friday?

    Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    Dontrelle's tweets indicate he was in Louisville yesterday.
    Thanks, it was Horst.

    I wrote the post in a muddy way, but I meant to ask about Dontrelle and the mystery pitchers as two seperate points. I could tell it wasn't Dontrelle or Chapman, but I couldn't think of another lefty who it would have been.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  12. #71
    Vavasor TRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    13,837

    Re: Cozart Up Friday?

    regarding Fay for a sec...

    His blog is supposed to be different from his articles, but as both are hosted and presented on the same website, there really IS NO DIFFERENCE between his articles and his blog. Same person, same company, same topics. That is what makes his blog so frustrating. I think if he took the blog to an independent third party source, say a free one like blogspot, people could better differentiate between his opinions and when he's reporting.

    just my 2 cents.
    Suck it up cupcake.

  13. #72
    -The Insider-
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,871

    Re: Cozart Up Friday?

    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    regarding Fay for a sec...

    His blog is supposed to be different from his articles, but as both are hosted and presented on the same website, there really IS NO DIFFERENCE between his articles and his blog. Same person, same company, same topics. That is what makes his blog so frustrating. I think if he took the blog to an independent third party source, say a free one like blogspot, people could better differentiate between his opinions and when he's reporting.

    just my 2 cents.
    It doesn't help that Fay and the other Reds beat writers are brutal in general. I'm better than them.

  14. #73
    Resident PED Expert nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Centerville, Ohio
    Posts
    1,420

    Re: Cozart Up Friday?

    Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    It doesn't help that Fay and the other Reds beat writers are brutal in general. I'm better than them.
    Be careful might dislocate your elbow patting your back like that...

    In general they are brutal as far as their personalities and overall style. But, Fay isn't one to spread false rumors. He can't spell check to save his life, but he is usually the most accurate writer on the beat.
    If you can't be a good example... then you'll just have to be a horrible warning...

    Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels...

  15. #74
    -The Insider-
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,871

    Re: Cozart Up Friday?

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    Be careful might dislocate your elbow patting your back like that...

    In general they are brutal as far as their personalities and overall style. But, Fay isn't one to spread false rumors. He can't spell check to save his life, but he is usually the most accurate writer on the beat.
    I have people to do that for me

    But still, Fay honestly put four pages of "omg Cozart is coming up" on here because he "sense" that Cozart would get called up because how the team was playing. I guess that means he hasn't been paying attention most of the season because he would have made that assertion over a month ago. And to me, Ramsey gives the best information, despite all the random tweets. They just all seem that they just got the job and it happened to be in baseball. It doesn't seem natural for them. Maybe that's just me.

  16. #75
    Where's my chair? REDREAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    21,322

    Re: Cozart Up Friday?

    I might be the only one here that likes Fay.

    It's got to be extremely difficult to write a blog about the Reds and try to come up with fresh material everyday. My guess is that Fay had something substantial to base his "Feeling" on.. Maybe it was just someone in the organization saying "maybe".
    He has not spread many false rumors in his history.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

    Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25