Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cozart Up Friday?

Re: Cozart Up Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    Was it Horst?
    Is he a lefty? He would make sense as he hasn't pitched in a long time.
    For some reason I thought he was right handed, but if not, that solves the mystery.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Is he a lefty? He would make sense as he hasn't pitched in a long time.
    For some reason I thought he was right handed, but if not, that solves the mystery.
    He is, and you're right, he hasn't thrown in a while.

Maybe Dontrelle?

Just additional needless speculation; In the 9th inning of the 2nd game last night, I saw someone warming up in the Reds bullpen. The only reason it interested me was because it was a left hander, and as far as I knew, Bill Bray is the only left hander on the roster right now(Travis Wood had been sent down earlier.) And of course he had already pitched, and had pitched earlier that day, so I couldn't see him walking back to the bullpen in any case.

I know it's not uncommon for a reliever to get up and "get some work in" when a game is out of hand, but does anyone know whom that may have been?
    You saw Sasquatch, or in Ohio it is known as Grassman, or more precisely Jeremy Horst
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Maybe Dontrelle?

Just additional needless speculation; In the 9th inning of the 2nd game last night, I saw someone warming up in the Reds bullpen. The only reason it interested me was because it was a left hander, and as far as I knew, Bill Bray is the only left hander on the roster right now(Travis Wood had been sent down earlier.) And of course he had already pitched, and had pitched earlier that day, so I couldn't see him walking back to the bullpen in any case.

I know it's not uncommon for a reliever to get up and "get some work in" when a game is out of hand, but does anyone know whom that may have been?

Dontrelle's tweets indicate he was in Louisville yesterday.

The offense in Baltimore stands to get a boost with Gomes or whoever else is the DH and with the SS hitting 9th to possibly do some table-setting for the top of the order.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I would love to call up Yonder to DH for the next 6 games. Him or Sappelt.

Zack Cozart is in the lineup and leading off tonight for Louisville at home vs. Pawtucket; Alonso is hitting sixth.

Maybe Dontrelle?

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    Was it Horst?
    Some folks believe Horst doesn't exist. But we now have evidence of a recent sighting.

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Zack Cozart is in the lineup and leading off tonight for Louisville at home vs. Pawtucket; Alonso is hitting sixth.
    He wouldn't be called up today anyhow. They don't call guys up on off-days, typically, especially if the person being replaced is going to be released or designated for assignment (because they still have to continue paying those players and the replacement would accrue service time if they're called up on an off-day).

So if Cozart were to come up tomorrow, it wouldn't happen until tomorrow afternoon (though he'd be told about it tonight so he can join the team in the morning).
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    Dontrelle's tweets indicate he was in Louisville yesterday.
    Thanks, it was Horst.

I wrote the post in a muddy way, but I meant to ask about Dontrelle and the mystery pitchers as two seperate points. I could tell it wasn't Dontrelle or Chapman, but I couldn't think of another lefty who it would have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

regarding Fay for a sec...

His blog is supposed to be different from his articles, but as both are hosted and presented on the same website, there really IS NO DIFFERENCE between his articles and his blog. Same person, same company, same topics. That is what makes his blog so frustrating. I think if he took the blog to an independent third party source, say a free one like blogspot, people could better differentiate between his opinions and when he's reporting.

just my 2 cents.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    regarding Fay for a sec...

His blog is supposed to be different from his articles, but as both are hosted and presented on the same website, there really IS NO DIFFERENCE between his articles and his blog. Same person, same company, same topics. That is what makes his blog so frustrating. I think if he took the blog to an independent third party source, say a free one like blogspot, people could better differentiate between his opinions and when he's reporting.

just my 2 cents.
    It doesn't help that Fay and the other Reds beat writers are brutal in general. I'm better than them.

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    It doesn't help that Fay and the other Reds beat writers are brutal in general. I'm better than them.
    Be careful might dislocate your elbow patting your back like that...

In general they are brutal as far as their personalities and overall style. But, Fay isn't one to spread false rumors. He can't spell check to save his life, but he is usually the most accurate writer on the beat.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    Be careful might dislocate your elbow patting your back like that...

In general they are brutal as far as their personalities and overall style. But, Fay isn't one to spread false rumors. He can't spell check to save his life, but he is usually the most accurate writer on the beat.
    I have people to do that for me

But still, Fay honestly put four pages of "omg Cozart is coming up" on here because he "sense" that Cozart would get called up because how the team was playing. I guess that means he hasn't been paying attention most of the season because he would have made that assertion over a month ago. And to me, Ramsey gives the best information, despite all the random tweets. They just all seem that they just got the job and it happened to be in baseball. It doesn't seem natural for them. Maybe that's just me.

I might be the only one here that likes Fay.

It's got to be extremely difficult to write a blog about the Reds and try to come up with fresh material everyday. My guess is that Fay had something substantial to base his "Feeling" on.. Maybe it was just someone in the organization saying "maybe".
    He has not spread many false rumors in his history.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?