Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Went to the doubleheader yesterday--my thoughts

Went to the doubleheader yesterday--my thoughts

--I don't know who has personally attended a day/night doubleheader before, but it's quite exhausting. it was a ton of fun and something I've never been able to do before, but I was worn out by days end.

--The crowd was roughly 60/40 in favor of Reds fans. Not much more than that To be honest, the Yankees fans weren't quite as "in your face" as I expected.

--3 years later, I'm finally seeing a dropoff of Dunn/Griffey jerseys and shirts in the crowd. I like to observe these kind of things and up until recently, it seemed like as many people were still repping these players as they were the current guys.

--shirts/jerseys also seen in the crowd: Felipe Lopez, Reggie Sanders, Austin Kearns, Jason LaRue, Sean Casey, Joe Randa.......

--what was up with the people in the crowd wearing gear of both the Yankees AND Reds

--props to Yankees fans who sported the Ruth/Mantle/DiMaggio/Gehrig jerseys. Those were awesome.

--the booing for A-Rod wasn't very fierce

--the Yankees are still a great team, but I don't sense the "mystique and aura" or whatever you wanna call it, with this current bunch. Still an excellent team, but right now, relying on some average players to get by. Maybe it works for them, maybe not, but I have a hard time seeing this bunch win the World Series.

--love the new Holy Grail bar outside the park. That place has a great vibe to it. I look forward to seeing the rest of the development outside the park.

--The Reds have awesome customer service. Everyone is so nice and friendly.

--why do people arrive so late/leave so early? Never understood this "beat the traffic" mentality.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Went to the doubleheader yesterday--my thoughts

As to the old jersey/shirts, repping long gone players-many prob followed those guys and bought into the hype. I personally prob wont ever buy another pro jersey again-too many times have bought and they get traded or sign free agent after that. I wont rock the old ones to the park, but certainly wont buy another one either, generic team stuff for me now I think.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    As to the old jersey/shirts, repping long gone players-many prob followed those guys and bought into the hype. I personally prob wont ever buy another pro jersey again-too many times have bought and they get traded or sign free agent after that. I wont rock the old ones to the park, but certainly wont buy another one either, generic team stuff for me now I think.
    Jeresy wise I went classic with a Joe Morgan from the BRM era...can't go wrong there...

You think there were 16,000 Yankee fans there? They were loud but I don't think there were quite that many there. I worked all 3 games and I don't think there were more than 8-9K Yankee fans each game. They were mostly concentrated behind the Yankee dugout, but once you got into the upper decks it was almost all Reds fans.

However, they were much nicer than I had expected. Very polite, didn't see or hear of any fights or the like. I had expected a Cubs type crowd of Yankee fans but they were much better.

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideBomber View Post
    You think there were 16,000 Yankee fans there? They were loud but I don't think there were quite that many there. I worked all 3 games and I don't think there were more than 8-9K Yankee fans each game. They were mostly concentrated behind the Yankee dugout, but once you got into the upper decks it was almost all Reds fans.
    I would agree with that. 16,000 is a gross overestimation IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Jeresy wise I went classic with a Joe Morgan from the BRM era...can't go wrong there...
    Absolutely!!!! Great call, I would sport a retired player from our history before buying a current player.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideBomber View Post

However, they were much nicer than I had expected. Very polite, didn't see or hear of any fights or the like. I had expected a Cubs type crowd of Yankee fans but they were much better.
    Heh, well if you work there, you would know better than I would

I only buy Bench and Morgan stuff to wear anymore myself. The Rose stuff is harder to find.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

I no longer where my Griffey jersey,maybe break it out again one day when he is in the hall of fame,even though he will be a Mariner when he goes in.My Votto jersey will be obsolete in 2 and half years as well.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Turn Off Ads?