Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jim Riggleman resigns.....Odd....

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Jim Riggleman resigns.....Odd....

Per MLBTraderumors.com:

Nationals manager Jim Riggleman has resigned, according to MLB.com's Bill Ladson (Twitter link). The Nationals won today and are now above .500 at 38-37, so the move is a surprising one.

It's the second time this week that an NL East manager has resigned; Edwin Rodriguez of the Marlins stepped down over the weekend.
    Washington has won 11 of its last 12. Odd time to resign.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jim Riggleman resigns.....Odd....

Strange, to say the least

Recovering Cubs Fan

The thread about it in ORG says he wanted his option picked up. They said no so he walked.

I wish Dusty would give the Reds an ultimatum.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

This is a tad askew....if he takes them to the playoffs, he holds all the cards...if he doesn't, then he cashes in a paycheck for the whole season and finds a new job. Something else is going on here.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Nice move Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    The thread about it in ORG says he wanted his option picked up. They said no so he walked.

I wish Dusty would give the Reds an ultimatum.
    If thats true I have no respect for him and hope he is out of baseball for good. I certainly would never hire him if he sold his team out and walked out on them in the middle of a season, as well as finally winning a few games.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Davey Johnson hasn't managed in the majors since 2000, but he has a career .564 winning percentage.
    Let's see how he does. I think he would have been a great choice for the Reds.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1QG5zU0gv

Turn Off Ads?