Stubbs has 301 abs. Heisey has 128.

Heiseys numbers would be 52Runs 83 Hits 19HRs 66RBI
    Based on 301 at-bats. Not too bad.

Re: Interesting Heisey Stat

Quote Originally Posted by mikemo14 View Post

I remember Paul Janish threads like this before the season started, just sayin lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I remember Paul Janish threads like this before the season started, just sayin lol.
    this is true but i think most agree if heisey did play every day id bet he does do better than gomes. + hes younger which theres a better chance he could improve.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemo14 View Post

You really can't say that because you don't know how playing everyday will impact on a player...

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    You really can't say that because you don't know how playing everyday will impact on a player...
    Very true, he might have much better numbers than that if given everyday playing time .

The more at bats a player gets, the more MLB pitchers figure out how to get him out. The same thing happens with rookie pitchers who often do well their first time around the league, then start to get hit hard as hitters see them and learn their patterns.

True, but I'd like him to get a month-load of starts in LF. Defense will certainly be better then Gomes, bat can't be worse than the last year of Johnny.....though I still want Gomes on my side when a brawl happens.

If anyone listened to the baseball today podcast on espn, Olney essentially said there is no reason why Heisey shouldn't be starting everyday of our three LF options. He also thinks Cozart is a definite upgrade over Janish with comparable glove and while not a great hitter, still significantly better than Janish.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

I've been a longtime honk for Heisey, but until last night's breakout game, he's been pretty shaky as a starter. I think he sees almost exclusively fastballs as a pinch-hitter, but a lot more breaking stuff as a starter. Until yesterday, he hadn't adjusted well to anything with a hump in it.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Take out his one 3 hr game or wait and week and then show me the numbers.
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Turn Off Ads?