Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Chapman's here

Chapman's here

According to Fay's Twitter.Takes Horst's spot.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chapman's here

hopefully hes ready

I would still prefer him getting streched out. Having an 8th inning reliver with shaky control is not going to make or break this team. A potential TOR arm to add to the rotation though is a different story...
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

agree

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    I would still prefer him getting streched out. Having an 8th inning reliver with shaky control is not going to make or break this team. A potential TOR arm to add to the rotation though is a different story...
    Agreed. I'm pretty comfortable with the bullpen overall with Ondrusek, Masset, and Bray leading up to Cordero. I like Lecure too and think Arredondo will continue to improve as he continues to pitch more. Another good bullpen arm, where there is already have a surplus, won't do the Reds nearly as good as a quality starting pitcher

I dont argue moves much on here, but think this is a dumb call and made for money and ticket sales, doesn't help the team if he isnt any better than when he was here before.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

If I were an opposing team I wouldn't even let my players carry a bat to the plate, untill he strikes someone out. It should be interesting at the very least. I hope he worked it out.

PS Is it legal to take an at bat, without a bat?

Given the Reds inability to know what to do with this kid, I really think we need to look to trade him in a package deal to get some return on talent they do know how to use.

His value is too low.If he can throw strikes,I'm for using him to help us win.I think they're wanting to maximize their investment.If he can throw strikes,then you've got value,whatever their plans.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Given the Reds inability to know what to do with this kid, I really think we need to look to trade him in a package deal to get some return on talent they do know how to use.
    I think the way he has looked this year that he has no value right now to make a trade. Would you trade for an over priced pitcher who doesn't know where the strike zone is? If we did make a trade we would have to eat so much of his crazy contract we would still be better off letting him vend peanuts before trading.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Sounds to me, from Fay's post, that nothing much has changed: his attitude, mechanics, or his enthusiasm. Let's hope the results will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I think the way he has looked this year that he has no value right now to make a trade. Would you trade for an over priced pitcher who doesn't know where the strike zone is? If we did make a trade we would have to eat so much of his crazy contract we would still be better off letting him vend peanuts before trading.
    Trust me a lefty who can throw 100+ has extreme value in major league baseball...

Lets Party Like it's 1869

hopefully he wont be a EV out of the pen... fingers crossed

Good lord I hope this works out. Last time that I saw him pitch for the Bats he absolutely self imploded. He has since pitched several times for Carolina and then came back and made one final appearance in Louisville. I didn't attend that game but he pitched well. Can't shake that image of him blowing up against the Cardinals and that lackluster effort I witnessed in Louisville. He had the look of the next Rick Ankiel(minus the comeback as an outfielder)

Turn Off Ads?