Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Graeter's Ice Cream now Available in Nashville.

Re: Graeter's Ice Cream now Available in Nashville.

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ View Post
    Tried the Black Coffee flavor at Jeni's.

Oh. My.

I'm getting fat.
    Black coffee ice cream is an oxymoron. Sounds great, though, I never had Jeni's or Graeter's but I usually make my own, anyway.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just found Graeter's at a Whole Foods in Bedford, MA, $5.99 a pint, but they had a 2 for 1 sale, so I got some chocolate chocolate chip and mocha chip. I really like the ice cream, but the chips seem strangely soft, is that how they usually are?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

We have been buying Tillamook Ice Cream lately. Pretty darn good. Available at Von's/Safeway, and WinCo.

My wife's cousin always gets a Black Rasberry frozen Ice cream cake. I've never eaten a worse dessert in my life. It couldn't have been more dry. My wife, father in law, and I all roll our eyes every time we see it. It is like the worlds worst family tradition.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Just saw some Graeters at the grocery here in NY, but not available everywhere. Sadly, no Buckeye Blitz though. Still enjoyed some Black Raspberry Chip though and it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Just found Graeter's at a Whole Foods in Bedford, MA, $5.99 a pint, but they had a 2 for 1 sale, so I got some chocolate chocolate chip and mocha chip. I really like the ice cream, but the chips seem strangely soft, is that how they usually are?
    Don't think so. At least not in my experience. The chips aren't soft at all that I've noticed so (Idk?) maybe it's the travel time? Black Raspberry Chip is pretty popular so I'd try that if you're so inclined.

My sister is in Michigan (yeah I know). Anyway, she's told me that they get the seasonal flavors a couple months after the Cincy market does. Just thought that was interesting.

Yeah, I kind of remembered black raspberry was the flavor to try, but I've been making fruit ice creams all summer, so I really wasn't in the mood for it. One of the main reasons I bought an ice cream maker was to use up dairy and fruit before it goes bad. The only other flavor they had was mint chip, which just isn't my thing. Maybe we're getting old stuff up here, if grapenuts can get soft in ice cream if you leave it in the freezer long enough, I guess almost anything can, maybe even chocolate.

Nothing beats having an actual Graeter's ice cream parlor. The one in Centerville is always packed, especially in the summer months.

I always thought it was weird that Columbus had a Graeter's parlor years before Dayton had one.

Graeter's Ice Cream is now sold in Huntington WV area Kroger stores.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

You can get it at some Kroger's stores in the Houston area.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Nothing beats having an actual Graeter's ice cream parlor. The one in Centerville is always packed, especially in the summer months.
    Oakwood has had a Graeter's, it seems, for ages.
    Last edited by Reds/Flyers Fan; 08-30-2012 at 12:35 AM.

We grew up in Mariemont and could walk to the one on the square there. Love me a turtle sundae.
    School's out. What did you expect?

When I was in HS I worked at the Mariemont Theater, every night I'd watch one of the ancient ladies from Graeters do her drop, for that she would give me a freebie... I love Nectar Phosphates.

"Chip" Graeter was a classmate of mine

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

"Chip" Graeter was a classmate of mine
    Was his first name chocolate?
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Turn Off Ads?