Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RedsZone Blogs Forum

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

RedsZone Blogs Forum

Have you guys ever thought of this? Creating a blog forum where a user can share their own opinions, baseball or not, without anyone interrupting? I have seen several other sites do this and it seems to work out well.

Just a suggestion

Voice!
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RedsZone Blogs Forum

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of IH View Post
    Have you guys ever thought of this? Creating a blog forum where a user can share their own opinions, baseball or not, without anyone interrupting? I have seen several other sites do this and it seems to work out well.

Just a suggestion

Voice!
    Prior to Redszone or in the early years of this site, it was set up like that. There are a lot of great bloggers on board here too. Not sure if they could link something with this software but they were good reads.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    Prior to Redszone or in the early years of this site, it was set up like that. There are a lot of great bloggers on board here too. Not sure if they could link something with this software but they were good reads.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200009172....redszone.com/
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Awesome find, wolfboy! I'd never known what the original RZ looked like. I'm sure that'll bring back some memories for those who were there then.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

That actually sounds like an interesting idea.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Man, that's a sharp looking site - especially since it was created using 2000 technology!

One of the best sports blogs I read for UK basketball and football information is Kentucky Sports Radio.

A lot of the information there is informative, but it also has a comedic side to it as well. The idea is to present the material in an interesting manner, whether it be using humor or something that is of actual substance.

I'd like to see something like this get started, and I think we have people who post here that could get it off the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    That actually sounds like an interesting idea.
    I get one right every now and then.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

I was just thinking there are MANY great baseball minds on this site, and it would be cool for those people to illustrate their ideas. I think there would be many awesome blogs here if RedZone did something like this.

I have no problem with that if you have enough volunteers and want to lead the effort. I'll help with as much as I possibly can.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I have no problem with that if you have enough volunteers and want to lead the effort. I'll help with as much as I possibly can.
    Honesty, all you really have to do is make another forum called "RedsZone Blogs" and put it under the miscellaneous section.

Just make the rules clear (sticky at the top), that all the forums rules apply, but that no one is allowed to comment on it. It would be the posters own little world (thread).

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of IH View Post
    Honesty, all you really have to do is make another forum called "RedsZone Blogs" and put it under the miscellaneous section.

Just make the rules clear (sticky at the top), that all the forums rules apply, but that no one is allowed to comment on it. It would be the posters own little world (thread).
    OK, I have some ideas that can make that forum even more geared towards its intended purposes. I'll get around to handling that ASAP.

OK, I have some ideas that can make that forum even more geared towards its intended purposes. I'll get around to handling that ASAP.
    Thanks, Boss. I'd be more than happy to contribute if/when it gets up and running.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Man, that's a sharp looking site - especially since it was created using 2000 technology!
    I get all nostalgic paging through the different old school redszone looks.

And fwiw, I think this is a great idea.

Turn Off Ads?