Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saturday, 6/25/11 minor league updates

-The Insider-

Re: Saturday, 6/25/11 minor league updates

I had to leave the game early. I was very mad that that I missed it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'd like to mention that Denis Phipps currently has the highest BA on the team. I mention this because I have not hesitated to point out his struggles as well. The guy was 4-4 last night and his in a nice groove roght now. In the month of June, Phipps he is hitting above 400. This team has needed a reliable lead off hitter for most of the year. When Berry left the line up it was big that Phipps stepped up.

I made it a point to move down and get a seat immediately behind the Mudcats bullpen bench the last several innings of the game last night. My primary interest there was Donnie Joseph. I know the Friday night implosian is killing the kid after all the incremental progress he had made the past month or so. As the game went down to the final inning or so he got up and grabbed a ball and had Skelton catch him for a dozen or so pitches. He'd sit down for a minute or so and get back up. While sitting, he must have removed his hat, stared into it, and put it back on 20 times in about 10 minutes time. It bordered on comical toward the end. It was obvious the guy was nervous energy at this point. He was back on the mound throwing to Skelton when Soto turned the lights out. I'd really like to see him eliminate the really bad outings. I imagine if the opportunity arises, Bell will run him out there again today.

Juan Carlos Sulbaran had a dominant outing for Bakersfield last night.

6.1 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 10 K

He now has 31 BB/88 K in 72.1 innings.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Juan Carlos Sulbaran had a dominant outing for Bakersfield last night.

6.1 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 10 K

He now has 31 BB/88 K in 72.1 innings.
    JC has always had the ability to strike guys out. I'm encouraged to see his 2011 BB/9 fall to 3.9 from 5.6 in 2010. In turn his K/BB in 2011 has jumped to 2.84 from 1.69. JC has always been an interesting prospect. If he can keep this going in 2011, I would expect a major jump in the Redszone prospect rankings this off-season.

Turn Off Ads?