Turn Off Ads?

Thread: DH for Janish?

DH for Janish?

I know it's unheard of but with how well Leake swings the bat, I would have considered DH'ing for Janish tonight and just told him to deal with it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: DH for Janish?

thats going a lil 2 far

actually...................................not the worst idea I've heard lately.

although PJ does have a hit and reached on a Longoria error
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I know it's unheard of but with how well Leake swings the bat, I would have considered DH'ing for Janish tonight and just told him to deal with it.
    Of course I realize this comment may have been meant as a joke, but assuming it wasn't.... you might want to brush up on the facts regarding the DH rule. The DH can only be for the pitcher, there isn't any option to DH for a person other than the pitcher.
    Last edited by HalKing; 06-28-2011 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HalKing View Post
    Of course I realize this comment may have been meant as a joke, but assuming it wasn't.... you might want to brush up on the facts regarding the DH rule. The DH can only be for the pitcher, there isn't any option to DH for a person other than the pitcher.
    you just made yourself look really bad

Quote Originally Posted by HalKing View Post
    no

From MLB rules:

The Designated Hitter rule:
    A hitter may be designated to bat for the starting pitcher and all subsequent pitchers in any game without otherwise affecting the status of the pitcher(s) in the game. A Designated Hitter for the pitcher must be selected prior to the game and must be included in the lineup cards presented to the Umpire-in-Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    From MLB rules:
    It does state for a "pitcher" but it doesn't say only for the pitcher and doesn't say the DH can't be used in place of any other position player. Kinda grey to me...

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    It does state for a "pitcher" but it doesn't say only for the pitcher and doesn't say the DH can't be used in place of any other position player. Kinda grey to me...
    By that logic, I should be able to use a DH for every position at the same time, because it says I can DH for the pitcher but it doesn't say I CAN'T DH for the pitcher, and the shortstop, and the catcher......
    Sto Pro Veritate

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    you just made yourself look really bad

I made myself look really bad?? How? Just pointing out that the DH rule is strictly for pitchers... How is that wrong??

Turn Off Ads?