Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone untouchable?

Is anyone untouchable?

Is there anyone on the Reds present 40 man roster that you would not trade no matter what the offer was?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is anyone untouchable?

Carlos Fisher

Joey Votto, that's it for me.

ppl id like to keep for sure phillips votto bruce cueto. now i guess you can't ever say never tho.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    Joey Votto, that's it for me.
    So a player you are pretty sure to lose in about 2.5 years is non tradeable?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    We are no where near having to worry about that at present. No sense in entertaining a Votto trade.

For me, at bare minimum, Votto, Bruce, Cueto, Leake, and Stubbs are untouchable.

Joey Votto is the best player i've ever seen this team have. Yes, to me he would be untouchable. In my opinion they have to keep him, and if they dont thats their stupidity. Do you think the way to build a winning team is to trade the MVP when you finally get one?

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    Joey Votto is the best player i've ever seen this team have. Yes, to me he would be untouchable. In my opinion they have to keep him, and if they dont thats their stupidity. Do you think the way to build a winning team is to trade the MVP when you finally get one?
    If we could ink him to a long term deal I would put him as untouchable, but we can't and he will be gone after the end of the present deal. So with that in mind I would enterain offers. If say the Dodgers offered me Kershaw and another player I would give it very strong consideration. If I can't keep Votto long term, then I want to get something I can keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    We are no where near having to worry about that at present. No sense in entertaining a Votto trade.

For me, at bare minimum, Votto, Bruce, Cueto, Leake, and Stubbs are untouchable.
    Okay when do you start to worry?

Okay when do you start to worry?
    final year

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    final year
    to late, look at the mess the same issue is causing in St. Louis, you wait till then you get little in return and have nothing but issues all season long.

to late, look at the mess the same issue is causing in St. Louis, you wait till then you get little in return and have nothing but issues all season long.
    well in his 2nd to final year you can look but if ur in the race do u pull the trigger?

you don't think the Reds would throw the house at Votto? He's the best player this ball club has seen in over a decade and you think he's tradable? We aren't the Padres who sucked so bad there was no point in trying to keep Gonzo, we aren't so terrible that we have to trade all of our good players away like the Pirates have in the past, we won the division last year and will contend for it again this year. He's 28, so in 2 years he's 30 and if he's still raking at a ridiculous rate like he could/should be, you resign him.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    well in his 2nd to final year you can look but if ur in the race do u pull the trigger?
    I pull the trigger right now with the right offer. Unless he wins more MVP awards his value will never be higher. Unless he really gets it going in the second half of this year I don't see him repeating as the MVP, do you? Again I like Votto and what he brings to the table, but outside of Bruce and Cueto I am open to trading just about anyone else for the right offer.

*I don't deal Bruce or Cueto because both are signed to long term deals and at great value for a franchise that does have to watch the bottom line.

I pull the trigger right now with the right offer. Unless he wins more MVP awards his value will never be higher. Unless he really gets it going in the second half of this year I don't see him repeating as the MVP, do you? Again I like Votto and what he brings to the table, but outside of Bruce and Cueto I am open to trading just about anyone else for the right offer.

*I don't deal Bruce or Cueto because both are signed to long term deals and at great value for a franchise that does have to watch the bottom line.
    i would never do this but id love to here what youd like for him now?

Turn Off Ads?