Turn Off Ads?

Thread: renteria ORG thread

renteria ORG thread

On the ORG they are talking about whether Renteria deserves a chance to start for awhile. I think the Reds are planning on playing Renteria more in the playoffs, and that was they had in mind when they signed him. He is the defending WS MVP. Of course they have to make the playoffs, but I think they are saving him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: renteria ORG thread

both suck

janish can't hit but atleast he has range

renteria can't hit but id say hes better than janish. janish seems to make the weakest outs ive ever seen. but has no range

Quote Originally Posted by Roush's socks View Post
    On the ORG they are talking about whether Renteria deserves a chance to start for awhile. I think the Reds are planning on playing Renteria more in the playoffs, and that was they had in mind when they signed him. He is the defending WS MVP. Of course they have to make the playoffs, but I think they are saving him.
    I don't know about starting him for a while, but I did say a while back in one of the 6,983 bash Renteria threads that he was brought here for veteran leadership and experience for October. So, in my mind the question is not whether Renteria would be DFA'd with a Cozart promotion but what happens to Janish in that scenario.

IMO, they will try to see if they can package Janish in a trade end of July and then call Cozart up to platoon with Edgar.

there is zero logical reason why Edgar is still wearing a Reds uniform. The truth is Walt made a bad move, he thought he could do what he did last year with Orlando and tried it with Edgar and guess what...it didn't work. Being the WS MVP means nothing, and to even consider playing him any is just bad baseball.

I don't think they should use him in the playoffs,wait until World Series game seven,don't wear him down.

Maybe they could just tell Janish that the plane is leaving Florida an hour later than it really is. Leave him behind. Get him lost. Forget he ever was a Red!

I would like to see Renteria get a few starts in a row which he hasnt had very much of this year just to see what he can do. If he continues this you have to bring up Cozart because Janishs glove is great but he simply can't hit.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

I expected Renteria to be in decline, but wow he has been horrifying in basically every facet of the game.

Funny thing is, I always liked him as a player... hustled hard, clutch, smart hitter, solid defender, ran fairly well... but wow. Father time really caught up with him. A nice career but I think it's over. We should cut our losses, DFA, and bring up Cozart ASAP.

Turn Off Ads?