Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardinals discussion thread

Re: Cardinals discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Internet rumors have TLR moving back to the ChiSox after this year, and working for his friend Reinsdorf in some capacity, if not on the field. If so, things will go back to normal between the Cards and the rest of the NL Central, and the drama unfold anew in Chicago.

The Cardinals have always been a very good baseball organization, and I don't expect that will change when TLR moves on.

and I fully agree- I love watching them whine. Really, I laugh every time.
    This* I actually used to have a soft spot in my heart for the Cardinals back before the days of the Central division. I just can't stand Larussa and Carpenter. I honestly don't know which one is worse out of those two. I never followed Carp before he became a Cardnial, was he always this whinny or did he pick it up from TLR?
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Now its the fans!

“It’s going way too far when they start cursing your family and the funniest one, the guy’s yelling, `I hope you get shingles again,”’ La Russa said Wednesday. “That’s just stupid. But when you watch and you ignore our guy get drilled when the other guy gets a little stinger, it’s irritating.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...larussainsults
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Mr. Senthitive he is. Good thing it didn't happen in Philly!
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85506

And I haven't seen this come up. This is the second time the insenthitive fans in Milwaukee have gotten the best of the Cards. Had almost forgotten this one
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

That thug Molina has allowed two runs to score today because of a passed ball and a throwing error.

I heard LaRussa complained to the cops about waking him up from his nap at the stop sign. Does it surprise anyone that he's complaining about the fans?

The broadcasters were mentioned in that article as well. Brewers broadcaster might never call TLR bush league... but I sure well.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Anyone else happy to see Edwin Jackson's line today? as I type this 6.2 IP 14H 7ER and 4 HR

Good move moving Rasmus, should benefit the reds for years.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    Anyone else happy to see Edwin Jackson's line today? as I type this 6.2 IP 14H 7ER and 4 HR

Good move moving Rasmus, should benefit the reds for years.
    Why on earth has Jackson been in that long? I about fell off my chair when I just looked at the box score. {Insert favorite LaRussa drinking joke here}...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Why on earth has Jackson been in that long? I about fell off my chair when I just looked at the box score. {Insert favorite LaRussa drinking joke here}...
    Dusty told Tony to leave him in

Time is the Revelator.

14 Hits, 10 Runs, 4 HR. That'll do pig, that'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Left him in for his bat obviously (2 for 3 today).

8 ER in 7 IP and 118 pitches - that's beautiful.

Corey Patterson is 2 for 3 batting 8th. Time to promote him to leadoff where he belongs!
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman Techie View Post
    This* I actually used to have a soft spot in my heart for the Cardinals back before the days of the Central division. I just can't stand Larussa and Carpenter. I honestly don't know which one is worse out of those two. I never followed Carp before he became a Cardnial, was he always this whinny or did he pick it up from TLR?
    I was curious about that as well. One thing I'll be interested in is if Carpenter continues to act as he does, and fails to pitch well, how well his teammates will take it.

If his teammates had an issue with his act before, what would they do, aside from Pujols, no one was perfoming at as high of a level as he was.

Now that there's a littly luster off the pitching, do his teammates stand up to him and tell him where he can shove it?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Anyone have the audio of the Brewers telecast after a pitch was thrown at Braun? I heard it was great and can't find it.

Turn Off Ads?