Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Cardinals discussion thread

Re: Cardinals discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I'm quite surprised by your response.

I watch pretty much every Reds game until the bitter end.

And usually it's the bitter end most years.
    Same here.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm quite surprised by your response.

I watch pretty much every Reds game until the bitter end.

And usually it's the bitter end most years.

Why waste my time with a team that doesn't seem to care? If there is anything in sports that just annoys me and turns me off is when I see a team going through the motions and not seeming to care. I have better things to do with my time esp. since school is starting up again.

2 years?

You are complaining about a 2 year hiatus?

On a Reds board?

I think you need to find a Yankee audience to find some pity for you
    I'm not trying to find pity. All I'm saying is that its inexcusable. That statement isn't to incite pity on my part. From Cardinals fans point of view, making the playoffs once in five years and not having a playoff win since 2006 is pathetic and unacceptable. Not trying to throw a pity party, it is just different expectations for Cards fans.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Why waste my time with a team that doesn't seem to care?
    My view is that we support out teams through thick and thin.

Especially thin.

It's what separates the diehards from the bandwagon jumpers.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Lots of 'splanin' needed for sons of both parties.

It is two years straight though, the 2nd place Cardinals get in a spat with the team ahead of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    I'll support Nyjer Morgan any day against the Cards. Wouldn't want him on my team though.
    That is about the way I feel about it, also... especially with Carpenter involved.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    You bring up an issue into why I have sporadically watch the games for about a month now. The Cards just look lifeless at time and just don't look like they give rats you know what about what they are doing on the field. At times, it is just uninspiring baseball. I have been a loyal fan of the team for a long time but there comes a point where enough is enough. We haven't made the playoffs going on two years now (after this year is finished of course) and that is unacceptable. Mehh... I'm just glad hockey and football season is coming up. At least with the Rams I know they will be trying hard to win each and every game.
    Apparently you weren't a fan from 1969-1981. Or for the decade of the 90s. And you could be watching the best you'll see for a few more years.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Go look at Cardinals attendance in the years proceeding Mark McGuire... Then look at the attendance during the HR chase. Immediately following that was Pujols.

Yeah, you've had great attendance #'s recently, but before the super-juicer they were just sub-par... let's see how well the "best fans in the history of baseball" represent themselves after Pujols leaves....
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

This is just my humble opinion but I feel a need to express it.

I honestly can't understand what seems to be hatred and disrespect directed at Albert Pujols in this thread.

I admit I've always hated the Dodgers. Hated them in the 1960's but still respected Walter Alston, Sandy Koufax and Don Drysdale.

I hated the Dodgers in the 1970's but still respected the way Steve Garvey and Davey Lopes played the game.

I've often found myself rooting against the Cardinals the last few years but I still must be honest with myself and give credit where credit is due.

I respect Albert Pujols and honestly believe he is one of the best hitters I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I respect Albert Pujols and honestly believe he is one of the best hitters I've ever seen.
    I think everyone agrees that he is one of the best hitters ever. That is beyond debate.

But many people believe he's become very arrogant, and I am one of those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    This is just my humble opinion but I feel a need to express it.

I honestly can't understand what seems to be hatred and disrespect directed at Albert Pujols in this thread.

I admit I've always hated the Dodgers. Hated them in the 1960's but still respected Walter Alston, Sandy Koufax and Don Drysdale.

I hated the Dodgers in the 1970's but still respected the way Steve Garvey and Davey Lopes played the game.

I've often found myself rooting against the Cardinals the last few years but I still must be honest with myself and give credit where credit is due.

My opinion as well Ron. I find it humorous when a professional athlete is accused of being arrogant. Most in the game are in some fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I think everyone agrees that he is one of the best hitters ever. That is beyond debate.

But many people believe he's become very arrogant, and I am one of those people.
    He has been arrogant from day 1..... I think he took someone deep from San Diego during is 1st season...and he just stood there at the plate and acted like he owned the place. He got called out for it....was thrown at....and acted incredulous that he was even being questioned. He has always been arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    My opinion as well Ron. I find it humorous when a professional athlete is accused of being arrogant. Most in the game are in some fashion.
    If most are arrogant, why would it be "humorous" to be accused of it?

Isn't it, then, exepcted that players will be called "arrogant" since they are?

Joey Votto doesn't stand and watch home runs?

Say what you will about Morgan's idiocy. And there is a lot to say. But at least he was straight with reporters about what happened from the beginning. He didn't take two homer journalists aside later to "clarify" when it became apparent he was lying.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...?mode=comments

Man I despise Carpenter. Is there a bigger tool in the game?
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    He has been arrogant from day 1..... I think he took someone deep from San Diego during is 1st season...and he just stood there at the plate and acted like he owned the place. He got called out for it....was thrown at....and acted incredulous that he was even being questioned. He has always been arrogant.
    I guess if you are called the greatest player of all time by ESPN, Fox Sports, TBS, George Grande, Thom Brenneman, and the rest of the western world, it might make you arrogant, but there is arrogant and then there is arrogant. Albert takes the cake. The guy simply is off the wall arrogant.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?