Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardinals discussion thread

Re: Cardinals discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

That's funny the Cardinals were whining about the lights and stealing signs. I remember they have cried in the past about the pitcher's mound in GABP, the baseballs were rubbed up wrong once and Carpenter threw a sissy-fit about the smoke after someone took him deep to set off the fireworks.

They complained about the White Sox stealing signs a few years back when they went into U.S. Cellular and got absolutely rolled in a 3 game series too.

It's what they do.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    That's funny the Cardinals were whining about the lights and stealing signs. I remember they have cried in the past about the pitcher's mound in GABP, the baseballs were rubbed up wrong once and Carpenter threw a sissy-fit about the smoke after someone took him deep to set off the fireworks.
    The whole fireworks thing is a bit overplayed. The ump stopped that game for a second and it had nothing to do with Carpenter throwing a sissy fit.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    The whole fireworks thing is a bit overplayed. The ump stopped that game for a second and it had nothing to do with Carpenter throwing a sissy fit.
    Oh yes it did. That's the only time I've ever seen them stop the game because of the smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Motte did not pitch near Braun's head. That is the issue. TLR doesn't even have a problem with pitching inside. Its the head and hand area that he has a problem with. Pujols was almost hit in the head tonight and when he moved out of the way it hit his hand. Think about it, if Votto was almost hit in the head by a ball, don't you think Baker would send a message to the other side the next inning?

Again, the ball that Motte threw was inside in the midsection of Braun and there was no danger of that ball breaking his hands or hitting him in the head.
    Tony has a problem with everything that goes against the Cardinals.

It's the baseballs not being rubbed down
    It's the mounds
    It's the lighting
    It's the up-and-tight pitching
    It's the tar on the cap
    It's the announcers that don't apologize
    It's the showboating
    It's the dirty hands
    It's the stealing signs
    It's the fake Twitter accounts
    It's the fatherly advice
    It's the players union
    It's the on-deck batter that didn't move

It's one thing after another with this man
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Oh yes it did. That's the only time I've ever seen them stop the game because of the smoke.
    But Carpenter did not lobby the ump to stop the game temporarily. The ump came to him.

Because he was throwing a fit.

Because he was throwing a fit.
    umm... no he wasn't.

So in the first time in GABP history the umpire asked the pitcher if he wanted to stop the game after a homer randomly?

So in the first time in GABP history the umpire asked the pitcher if he wanted to stop the game after a homer randomly?
    All I can go by is what was said in a local interview with one of the Cardinals insiders. Carpenter was responding to what your announcer said about "whining" on the field. He told the reporter that he was willing to pitch through the smoke but the ump came to him and told him not to throw.

It was the same thing with the mound. The umpire came up to Carpenter between innings asking if something needed to be put down on the mound to make it easier to pitch. He didn't really lobby for it. Even if he did, he isn't the first pitcher in the history of baseball to ask for dirt to be put on a wet mound. It happens all the time. Carpenter didn't understand the issue that your broadcaster had. Your broadcaster just seemed to react to the situation without knowing the whole story.

Yes, the Cardinals do nothing wrong ever.

I assume I should believe LaRussa when he says they weren't trying to hit Braun too, right?

Yes, the Cardinals do nothing wrong ever.

I assume I should believe LaRussa when he says they weren't trying to hit Braun too, right?
    I'll criticize them when they need to be criticized. Lord knows how many times I have criticized them this year on several things in my conversations with other Cards fans. However I would also suggest that people get the whole story on an issue instead of getting the side of a broadcaster that may have blown a gasket. You may hate Carp but that doesn't mean his explanation isn't right.

After seeing two of our players injured because pitchers can't pitch effectively inside this season, I see his point about pitching near the head.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

The Reds are not making the playoffs.

GO BREWERS! Frustrate the dog poo out of these babies!!

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    The Reds are not making the playoffs.

GO BREWERS! Frustrate the dog poo out of these babies!!
    Come September... I'm still hoping for Rockies esque finish to the season and Cueto dominates whoever in game 163

Turn Off Ads?