Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiroki Kuroda Anyone?

Hiroki Kuroda Anyone?

2:47pm: Now that the Dodgers have effectively signed Capuano to replace Kuroda in their rotation, the landscape for the righty is "wide open," a source tells FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal. According to Rosenthal, Kuroda is now willing to consider all offers, regardless of location.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hiroki Kuroda Anyone?

I would take a year of Kuroda without hesitation.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I would love to have Kuroda as a Red. He would definitely be an upgrade to the starting rotation. He is also likely to accept a one or two year contract which would not burden the Reds long term. Apparently he strongly prefers to play for a west coast team, but you never know. Money talks.

Absolutely -- said so elsewhere. He's better than any pitcher we can get in a trade this side of James Shields or Michael Pineda and wouldn't cost anything in talent.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

He looks good in Red with the wishbone C.

Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    He looks good in Red with the wishbone C.

Agreed. Make it happen!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Holy smokes, get Kuroda, trade for Shields, Pineda, or Wandy, and this rotation would be much improved and able to compete for the division.

Just a side note, but how is it that Kuroda has enough service time to be a free agent? Seems like he'd not be eligible until 2014.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Just a side note, but how is it that Kuroda has enough service time to be a free agent? Seems like he'd not be eligible until 2014.
    I think it has to be the same type of contract Matsui had with the Yankees, the Dodgers must have agreed to let him become a free agent early as part of the deal.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

He basically signed a free agent contract that gave the Dodgers rights through 2010 and then they resigned him to another 1 yr free agent contract in 2011.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Guy does not want to play in the Midwest, nor the east

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...iroshima-carp/

Hiroki Kuroda has made it clear that if he plays in the majors, it will be for the Dodgers and no one else. But he doesn’t have to play in the majors.

According to Nikkan Sports — passed along by Patrick Newman of NPB Tracker — the Hiroshima Carp have made an offer to Kuroda, and he’s apparently considering it:

If he goes back to Hiroshima I would be happy for him and happy to not have to face him.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    He basically signed a free agent contract that gave the Dodgers rights through 2010 and then they resigned him to another 1 yr free agent contract in 2011.
    I understand. That's 4 years of service time. Why is he a free agent? It would be no different than if Chapman reaches his incentive that converts his contract to a bonus after 2012. He'd no longer be under contract, but he'd still be years away from free agency. His choice would be work out a new deal, declare for arbitration or quit. Why can Kuroda shop himself to everyone?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I understand. That's 4 years of service time. Why is he a free agent? It would be no different than if Chapman reaches his incentive that converts his contract to a bonus after 2012. He'd no longer be under contract, but he'd still be years away from free agency. His choice would be work out a new deal, declare for arbitration or quit. Why can Kuroda shop himself to everyone?
    The simple answer is that his contract gave him that right.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?