Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardinals discussion thread

Re: Cardinals discussion thread

A verbatim quote from Yadi as seen in the video...

"I was talking to him. He was pushing at me."

Bush.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I just saw the video. Clearly Yadi was the one who instigated contact. But I don't see any spitting in there. When people yell, sometimes a little spittle flies out. That happens all the time and it appears that's what the ump was reacting to. That's VERY different that what Robbie Alomar did, purposefully gathering and expelling a wad of spit at the guy.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

LaRussa is getting roasted right now on ESPN Radio. It's like the nation is finally realizing what we knew all along. (And while he shouldn't have said it, Brandon Phillips was spot on in his "description" of the Cardinals last year.)

Might I remind everyone...

"We're going to hit you in the (expletive) head, Cordero."
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Quote Originally Posted by I(heart)Freel View Post
    Might I remind everyone...

"We're going to hit you in the (expletive) head, Cordero."
    I still say that next time St Louis comes to town and either idiot catcher comes up to bat have Cordero buzz em (note not hit them) walk over to the Cards dugout and say "THAT is a purpose pitch you idiots".
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I always remember Nuxie always saying he believed Dave Stewart threw at Billy Hatcher in the '90 World Series...hmmm, I wonder who Stewert could have gotten the idea from?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Last night was a very good night for Brandon Philips.

I would honestly be embarrassed to root for the Cardinals. I would be even more embarrassed to actually defend that display last night.
    Agreed.

You couldn't pay me enough money to root for those whiney little babies from St. Louis. I don't care if their win did benefit the Reds last night, I was rooting for the Brewers and will do so today as well. Oh, and Yadier Molina is a thug. He's right there with Carpenter as my least favorite player in all of sports.

he was sending a message because it was inside near Pujols head and hands, which happened yesterday as well.
    Tell Albert to back off the plate... If you are going to have your hands out over the plate, you've got to expect to get hit when pitchers are trying to get inside. It's part of the risk reward you except as a hitter. If you're going to crowd the plate then you better plan on a ball getting a piece of you from time to time... Bonds was over the plate and wore body armour, Bagwell was hit many times in the hands due to were he stood in the box. I don't believe the Brewers were throwing at him... But as an opposing manager, if your choices are throwing inside to keep Albert in the park and possibly hitting him or throwing out over the plate and letting him get his arms extended... Well I know what I'm telling my pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    Tell Albert to back off the plate... If you are going to have your hands out over the plate, you've got to expect to get hit when pitchers are trying to get inside. It's part of the risk reward you except as a hitter. If you're going to crowd the plate then you better plan on a ball getting a piece of you from time to time... Bonds was over the plate and wore body armour, Bagwell was hit many times in the hands due to were he stood in the box. I don't believe the Brewers were throwing at him... But as an opposing manager, if your choices are throwing inside to keep Albert in the park and possibly hitting him or throwing out over the plate and letting him get his arms extended... Well I know what I'm telling my pitchers.
    Agreed.

And I think Larussa knows all of this. His whole intent in complaining, and in over-retaliating, is that he is trying to make opposing managers, pitchers, and catchers think twice about pitching Albert inside. In essence, he is saying 'If you pitch Albert inside, we will hurt your players.' This kind of thug-like behavior needs to be stopped. Larussa won't change, and opponenets should take this as an admission that pitching Albert hard inside is EXACTLY what should be done every time.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    It should also be noted that when Cardinals pitchers are first associated with TLR, one of the first rules he puts out there .....
    I believe if you want to play for Larussa you must observe one rule: never, ever do anything out of the ordinary that might determine the outcome of the game...that's solely for him to do.

I don't see how anyone can defend the Cards' actions last night. That's just incomprehensible.

Cruisin' for trouble

Did anyone mention to Tony that his team actually won the game? There is a pennant race going on, btw.

It would be interesting to find out what the Cardinal's record is in games in which Pujols is HBP.

http://mlb.sbnation.com/2011/8/3/234...-by-the-umpire

"Yadi's being pushed by the umpire..."

Quote Originally Posted by signalhome View Post
    http://mlb.sbnation.com/2011/8/3/234...-by-the-umpire

"Yadi's being pushed by the umpire..."

I had to replay that just to make sure I heard it right. Again, it goes to show the bias people will have when their team is involved.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Brewers announcers were funny. Shows the absolute lack of respect other teams have for the Cards at the current moment.

Phillips continues to be proved right.

Turn Off Ads?