Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardinals discussion thread

Re: Cardinals discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I think Duncan's point was that Garcia lets too many things that are out of his control get to him. If you watch him pitch, if someone gets on base due to an error or things he can't control, he kind of loses it. You all have wondered about Garcia and his unearned run issue in the past. The whole room service thing he brought up was just one example of many. It happens with a lot of young pitchers.
    I think the point is that your team needs some therapy. They seem to be living a bit outside of reality.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

In case TLR and the Cardinals are running out of things to complain about, here are a few suggestions throughout the NL:

Florida - constant threat of hurricanes in latter half of summer; signs in English and Spanish; south Fla. mosquitoes
    Atlanta - insensitive Native American mascot
    Philadelphia - Italian mob presence in south Philly
    New York Mets - Citi Field too far from Manhatten hotels
    Washington - constant threat of terrorism in nation's capital

Chicago - locker rooms in Wrigley too small; not enough parking for visiting Cards fans; too many people not paying attention to game
    Cincinnati - balls too slick, mound too short, fences too close, fireworks too loud, seats too red, too hard to spell
    Milwaukee - Sausage race offensive to vegetarians
    Houston - President Bush and Barbara in first row offensive to Democrats
    Pittsburgh - Iron City beer offensive to beer drinkers

Los Angeles - Constant smog in eyes and throat makes Cincy fireworks smoke seem quaint; dangerous neighborhood
    San Diego - Fences too far; proximity to Mexican border violence
    San Francisco - Earthquake prone; Bonds robbed McGwire of single-season HR record
    Colorado - mound too high; bullpens too pretty; hard to breath at elevation; heavy turbulence taking off/landing at DIA
    Last edited by Reds/Flyers Fan; 08-04-2011 at 01:20 AM.

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

I can't believe I'm just now getting around to seeing the full clip of LaRussa's interview from last night, but that was tremendously satisfying in a schadenfreude sort of way. It couldn't have happened to a nicer giant self-deluded/self-contradicting weenis.

It kinda felt like the final scene of "A Few Good Men." Except I felt worse for Jack after he was fed enough rope to hang himself than I did for Tony. And there was no Kevin Bacon to quietly lead LaRussa away in shame....

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    In case TLR and the Cardinals are running out of things to complain about, here are a few suggestions throughout the NL:

Florida - constant threat of hurricanes in latter half of summer; signs in English and Spanish; south Fla. mosquitoes

Chicago - locker rooms in Wrigley too small; not enough parking for visiting Cards fans; too many people not paying attention to game
    Cincinnati - balls too slick, mound too short, fences too close, fireworks too loud, seats too red, too hard to spell

Los Angeles - Constant smog in eyes and throat makes Cincy fireworks smoke seem quaint; dangerous neighborhood
    San Francisco - Earthquake prone; Bonds robbed McGwire of single-season HR record
    Colorado - mound too high; bullpens too pretty; hard to breath at elevation; heavy turbulence taking off/landing at DIA
    This is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Well done, I especially liked the Milwaukee offensive. You might also add "it's always something when we come here" to the Cincinnati byline.

You know, it would do Cardinal nation well if you put together an AL list of complaints as well. After all this is the interleague era and there's got to be a whole list of things they do in the junior circuit that irk TLR, Hrabosky and Chris Carpentar's kid.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I think Duncan's point was that Garcia lets too many things that are out of his control get to him. If you watch him pitch, if someone gets on base due to an error or things he can't control, he kind of loses it.

Then he should run, not walk, out of St. Louis.

Because those misplays behind him aren't going to stop anytime soon.

Not as long as Larussa puts players in the wrong postion.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Then he should run, not walk, out of St. Louis.

Because those misplays behind him aren't going to stop anytime soon.

Not as long as Larussa puts players in the wrong postion.
    TLR's last year will be next year when he passes up John McGraw on the wins list. After that you will have to put up with Joe Maddon.

TLR's last year will be next year when he passes up John McGraw on the wins list. After that you will have to put up with Joe Maddon.
    Really?

It's just that easy eh?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Really?

It's just that easy eh?
    Yep, bank on it. Joe Maddon was (and still is) a Cards fans since he was like 10 and has hinted that he would love to manage the Cardinals one day. Oddly enough, he is a fan of the Billikens and Blues.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...ook_tb&c_id=tb

TLR wants to stay on, though he denies it, to pass John McGraws win record. I truely think that he will call it quits after that.

Yep, bank on it. Joe Maddon was (and still is) a Cards fans since he was like 10 and has hinted that he would love to manage the Cardinals one day. Oddly enough, he is a fan of the Billikens and Blues.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...ook_tb&c_id=tb

TLR wants to stay on, though he denies it, to pass John McGraws win record. I truely think that he will call it quits after that.
    He's from PA. maybe he'll also be the next Penn State coach too?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    He's from PA. maybe he'll also be the next Penn State coach too?
    I'm just saying that if I'm hedging my bets on who is going to be the next Cardinals manager, its going to be Joe Maddon. They could go outside the box and hire some unknown guy from the minor league system but the guy who replaces TLR is going to need to have some "juice" in my opinion. Its going to be a highly sought after managerial job as well so there might be some other big named candidates in there.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

..... but the guy who replaces TLR is going to need to have some "juice" in my opinion.
    Two possible answers to that set up......

(1) I agree, replace one drunk with another.....

(2) I agree, he'll need to keep "juicing" up Pujols as he reaches 40 in a few years.

I'm just saying that if I'm hedging my bets on who is going to be the next Cardinals manager, its going to be Joe Maddon. They could go outside the box and hire some unknown guy from the minor league system but the guy who replaces TLR is going to need to have some "juice" in my opinion. Its going to be a highly sought after managerial job as well so there might be some other big named candidates in there.
    All major league managerial jobs are highly sought after. There's only 30 of them, and if a guy doesn't think he's the answer, then he has no chance.

Is this the same thinking, that has been proven wrong, that players are just falling all over themselves and taking lesser contracts to play in "baseball city?" Managers too, huh?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?