Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 358

Thread: Cardinals discussion thread

  1. #271
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Pook's Hill
    Posts
    1,550

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Albert was just having a little fun. Nothing to crucify him over.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #272
    Member Strikes Out Looking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,434

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by puca View Post
    Albert was just having a little fun. Nothing to crucify him over.
    I can't wait until next year when he's with the Cubs -- thereby killing two franchises at one time.
    Win the Division

  4. #273
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    Posts
    10,562

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by puca View Post
    Albert was just having a little fun. Nothing to crucify him over.
    If Pujols had later returned after the inning and gave him a ball, that would have been Albert having fun.

    This was Albert being Albert.

  5. #274
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,552

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    If Pujols had later returned after the inning and gave him a ball, that would have been Albert having fun.

    This was Albert being Albert.
    You mean the same Albert that gives millions to charity every year, goes down to the Dominican on a yearly basis and helps the poor, and gives his time and energy to children with downs syndrome? I'm not so sure what you mean by Albert being Albert. The fan he was going to give the ball to looked about 60 and heckled him after the play. It more looked like Albert forgot that there were only two outs. This whole thing is just silly.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  6. #275
    One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,842

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    You mean the same Albert that gives millions to charity every year, goes down to the Dominican on a yearly basis and helps the poor, and gives his time and energy to children with downs syndrome? I'm not so sure what you mean by Albert being Albert. The fan he was going to give the ball to looked about 60 and heckled him after the play. It more looked like Albert forgot that there were only two outs. This whole thing is just silly.
    You can be arrogant and charitable.

    Albert probably is. Not that big deal.

  7. #276
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5,815

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    If Albert Pujols wore Cincinnati Red Everyone would Love him.

  8. #277
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    Posts
    10,562

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    The fan he was going to give the ball to looked about 60 and heckled him after the play.
    Huh?

    Fans above 60 don't deserve a baseball?

  9. #278
    I thought you'd be bigger OldXOhio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Green Country
    Posts
    2,743

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    In this season of disappointment, I at least will take heart in the fact that we handled St Louis in 2011 and were one of the reasons why they too will be on their couches watching the playoffs rather than playing in them.

    Enjoy your offseason cardinals
    Originally Posted by nate
    Chapman can be downright pornographic at times.

  10. #279
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    Posts
    10,562

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    If Albert Pujols wore Cincinnati Red Everyone would Love him.
    Of course we would.

    But about the only people who love Pujols are Cards fans.

  11. #280
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Pook's Hill
    Posts
    1,550

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Of course we would.

    But about the only people who love Pujols are Cards fans.
    I strongly disagree with that statement.

    I believe Albert is one of the more popular players in all of baseball.
    Last edited by puca; 09-04-2011 at 07:43 PM.

  12. #281
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    Posts
    10,562

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by puca View Post
    I strongly disagree with that statement.

    I believe Albert is one of the more popular players in all of baseball.
    I strongly disagree with your statement.

    5 years ago, maybe.

    But today, he's seen as an arrogant superstar who will likely chase the $$$.

  13. #282
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,827

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by puca View Post
    I strongly disagree with that statement.

    I believe Albert is one of the more popular players in all of baseball.
    I think 5 years ago, this was very true. I think the true Albert has shown his colors the last 3 or so years and a lot of fans are turned off by that.

  14. #283
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,350

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I strongly disagree with your statement.

    5 years ago, maybe.

    But today, he's seen as an arrogant superstar who will likely chase the $$$.
    Really? I don't get that impression at all. I think he's one of the better ambassadors for the game.

  15. #284
    One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,842

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Really? I don't get that impression at all. I think he's one of the better ambassadors for the game.
    I'm sure there is at least one Brewer fan who strongly disagrees.

  16. #285
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,617

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    I think Reds fans are the last people that would have an unbiased opinion about Albert Pujols.
    Go Gators!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25