Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Cardinals discussion thread

Re: Cardinals discussion thread

Just saw the Cards extended Carpenter for two years and 21 mil. Easier than trying to explain changing teams to his son, I guess.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

With two out in the 9th, and needing a single to win the game, Larussa sends up Patterson to strike out.

Cards gave up 3 in the 8th to lose 6-5.

Mike wasn't watching though since he didn't even know the Cards were back in the race since he aleady gave up.

Cards would be 3.5 out of the WC if they didn't blow that one today.

Thank God they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Cards would be 3.5 out of the WC if they didn't blow that one today.

Thank God they did.
    They would have been 5.5 out if the Braves hadn't blown their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Mike wasn't watching though since he didn't even know the Cards were back in the race since he aleady gave up.
    Look, I'm dealing with some real life issues at the moment and don't have time to watch baseball. Give me a break.

There's even a Cardinals approved way to use Twitter. They're just so dang perfect, how do they ever lose a game?
    Isn't this a bit nit picky? It isn't unheard of for some teams to ban certain social media outlets. I know the Dolphins banned its players for using twitter and I know a lot of colleges ban their athletes from using twitter. I have no problem with the Cards setting a standard for their players. Another non-issue that gets made into a big deal by some Reds fans.
    Last edited by MikeThierry; 09-15-2011 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Look, I'm dealing with some real life issues at the moment and don't have time to watch baseball. Give me a break.

Well, in fairness to Mr. Batemen, you did state that you stopped watching baseball when you felt your team was no longer in contention.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Isn't this a bit nit picky? It isn't unheard of for some teams to ban certain social media outlets. I know the Dolphins banned its players for using twitter and I know a lot of colleges ban their athletes from using twitter. I have no problem with the Cards setting a standard for their players. Another non-issue that gets made into a big deal by some Reds fans.
    The point was that they are commenting on another team's use of Twitter and deeming it unacceptable in their own, special, condescending, self-righteous kind of way, just like every other issue. Tony thinks he's E.F. Hutton.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Well, in fairness to Mr. Batemen, you did state that you stopped watching baseball when you felt your team was no longer in contention.
    Yeah you are right. I'm a bit irritable at the moment with the steroids I took for my medical condition, so I'm blaming it on roid rage, lol. Thank god I just got off those things a day or so ago.

Anyway, enough with my problems. I have started to watch them again because they actually look like they care about playing a competent brand of baseball.

There was a thread earlier about MVP candidates and how Jay Bruce should be the leading candidate. I stated in there that Pujols would have a say in the NL MVP before its all over. I still think Braun will get it but Pujols is coming through when his team needs him the most. He has got on base 35 straight games and is hitting .410 with a .457 OBP in September.
    Last edited by MikeThierry; 09-20-2011 at 12:40 AM.

Looks like the WC races in the NLC and ALE will go down to the wire.

Should be enough to keep Baseball fans interested the rest of the regular season.

Want To Work For The St. Louis Cardinals?

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=15818

The St. Louis Cardinals have contacted us to ask us to share a pair of openings they have in their front office, in the Baseball Operations department. If you know databases and/or web development, these are great entry-level positions in the wonderful world of baseball. And with the World Series champions at that. Good luck everyone.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Want To Work For The St. Louis Cardinals?

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=15818
    ohh... dream job!!!!

There is probably a lot of job openings considering that most of the coaching staff left, including Dave McKay and Joe Pettini, and Jeff Lunow became the Astros GM.

Turn Off Ads?