Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 358

Thread: Cardinals discussion thread

  1. #106
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,268

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    I wonder if he'll fall asleep at a stop sign on the way back to the hotel. Too soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #107
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,268

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    http://www.sportsgrid.com/mlb/video-...its-on-umpire/

    LOL @ the Cardinals TV broadcast. You want to talk about delusional!

    Oh apparently you "never see" Molina get angry! Could have fooled me!
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  4. #108
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,503

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    http://www.sportsgrid.com/mlb/video-...its-on-umpire/

    LOL @ the Cardinals TV broadcast. You want to talk about delusional!

    Oh apparently you "never see" Molina get angry! Could have fooled me!
    This is the reason why people in St. Louis can't stand the tv broadcast. KMOX broadcast is far superior.

    I have never seen Yadi react that way to an umpires call so that isn't really Yadi's character.

    I can understand Yadi's anger because that ball was way inside but he still can't lose his cool and can't bump the umpire. He should be suspended for a couple of games.

    There was also some show boating by the umpire but that is a whole different topic.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  5. #109
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,268

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Molina starts fights with players and umpires a like. Totally in his character now. Whether you choose to believe it or not is up to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  6. #110
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,503

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Molina starts fights with players and umpires a like. Totally in his character now. Whether you choose to believe it or not is up to you.
    The only player he "started a fight" with is Phillips because of Phillips comments and Phillips tapping him on his legs two times in a row. Its not like he just goes around and starts fights randomly. Like I said, he never reacted this way to an ump before. It is silly to look at one incident and apply that to his every day character.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  7. #111
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,268

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    But it's not one incident now, it's two. How many do you get?
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  8. #112
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,503

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    But it's not one incident now, it's two. How many do you get?
    Every player loses his cool. Its nothing new in baseball. Get over it.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  9. #113
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,268

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Every player loses his cool. Its nothing new in baseball. Get over it.
    How can you say something is out of his character when he's shown it to be completely in his character?
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  10. #114
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,503

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    How can you say something is out of his character when he's shown it to be completely in his character?
    He has never acted like that to an ump before. One incident with an ump does not make one's character. The only thing I can figure is that you are trying to hold all players to the same standards as someone like Stan Musial. That's fine, but I think most players would fail that gold standard.

    Let me do the reverse to you. I could easily say that all Brandon Phillips does is instigate fights and say things to aggravate teams. However, I know he is more than that. He is an excellent community guy and is really good with the fans. He is one of the better guys in baseball. It would be stupid to hold one incident against him when he is so much more than what he has shown on that one occasion.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  11. #115
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,503

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    lol here is a link to the post game interview. The quality is a bit bad but you get the idea:

    ‪Tony Larussa reactions-Cardinals vs Brewers‬‏ - YouTube
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  12. #116
    Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in tornado alley
    Posts
    1,755

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Are the Brewers the Card's 2010 Reds? Seems like they start trouble with whoever is leading the division. Stay classy, St. Louis.
    "Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier'n helpin' 'em move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load **** into a truck."

  13. #117
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,478

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    lol here is a link to the post game interview. The quality is a bit bad but you get the idea:

    ‪Tony Larussa reactions-Cardinals vs Brewers‬‏ - YouTube
    Tony is such a freakin' liar.

    First he says nothing was intentional, it was just inside. Then he said they were trying to throw a message. Then he said no it was just inside. Then after the reporter mentioned it looked intention, he starts going off on the Brewers for throwing inside.

    He was changing his story so many times in that interview I can't keep it straight. Which is it Tony... were you just throwing inside, were you sending a message or were you upset they were throwing in on Pujols? LOL
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  14. #118
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,503

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Tony is such a freakin' liar.

    First he says nothing was intentional, it was just inside. Then he said they were trying to throw a message. Then he said no it was just inside. Then after the reporter mentioned it looked intention, he starts going off on the Brewers for throwing inside.

    He was changing his story so many times in that interview I can't keep it straight. Which is it Tony... were you just throwing inside, were you sending a message or were you upset they were throwing in on Pujols? LOL
    Right, he was sending a message because it was inside near Pujols head and hands, which happened yesterday as well. That isn't to say that area is off limits but if the other manager is going to do it, the pitcher better have control hence the "Is the guy Greg Maddox" quote. It has always been TLR's policy that that area be off limits because of the danger it represents and he has sent the other team messages in the past by pitching inside if his player is being pitched like that. This year particularly is of concern because Freese was out two months due to being hit by a ball on the hand and Laird went on the DL as well due to being hit on the hand.

    TLR said that he was sending a message by throwing inside to Braun but wasn't trying to hit him. Now, I don't know if you know Motte but he isn't the most accurate pitcher in the world. Still, it was in an area on Braun that if it hit him (which it did), there would be no damage done. If this was baseball 40 years ago, this stuff wouldn't be an issue because the game was policed by the players.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  15. #119
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,478

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Right, he was sending a message because it was inside near Pujols head and hands, which happened yesterday as well. That isn't to say that area is off limits but if the other manager is going to do it, the pitcher better have control hence the "Is the guy Greg Maddox" quote. It has always been TLR's policy that that area be off limits because of the danger it represents. This year particularly is of concern because Freese was out two months due to being hit by a ball on the hand and Laird went on the DL as well due to being hit on the hand.

    TLR said that he was sending a message by throwing inside to Braun but wasn't trying to hit him. Now, I don't know if you know Motte but he isn't the most accurate pitcher in the world. Still, it was in an area on Braun that if it hit him (which it did), there would be no damage done. If this was baseball 40 years ago, this stuff wouldn't be an issue because the game was policed by the players.
    If he's so adamant about the danger in it, then why do it? He's a hypocrite. If he's so worried about the danger, he shouldn't be intentionally doing it to someone else. Period.

    Tony's not worried about that, though. He's worried about being Tony.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  16. #120
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,503

    Re: Cardinals discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    If he's so adamant about the danger in it, then why do it? He's a hypocrite. If he's so worried about the danger, he shouldn't be intentionally doing it to someone else. Period.

    Tony's not worried about that, though. He's worried about being Tony.
    Motte did not pitch near Braun's head. That is the issue. TLR doesn't even have a problem with pitching inside. Its the head and hand area that he has a problem with. Pujols was almost hit in the head tonight and when he moved out of the way it hit his hand. Think about it, if Votto was almost hit in the head by a ball, don't you think Baker would send a message to the other side the next inning?

    Again, the ball that Motte threw was inside in the midsection of Braun and there was no danger of that ball breaking his hands or hitting him in the head.

    It should also be noted that when Cardinals pitchers are first associated with TLR, one of the first rules he puts out there to his pitchers is never intentionally pitch toward a guys head. I have heard that TLR has this policy from several different pitchers and ex-pitchers that pitched under TLR.
    Last edited by MikeThierry; 08-03-2011 at 02:51 AM.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25