Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday 07/01/11 MiLB Updates

Re: Friday 07/01/11 MiLB Updates

Billings walks it off in the bottom of the 10th:

* Junior Arias strikes out swinging.
    * Nick O'Shea singles on a line drive to left fielder Kenneth Allison.
    * Danny Vicioso singles on a ground ball to center fielder Ruben Ozuna. Danny Vicioso to 2nd. Nick O'Shea advances to 3rd, on fielding error by center fielder Ruben Ozuna.
    * Alan Williams intentionally walks Kurtis Muller.
    * Sammy Diaz reaches on a fielder's choice, fielded by second baseman Adrian Williams. Nick O'Shea scores. Danny Vicioso to 3rd. Kurtis Muller to 2nd.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Drew Poulk is the batter of the night for Billings. He went 3-3 with a double, 2 walks and 2 RBI. Brooks Pinckard picked up the win, striking out all three batters he faced in the 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Drew Poulk is the batter of the night for Billings. He went 3-3 with a double, 2 walks and 2 RBI. Brooks Pinckard picked up the win, striking out all three batters he faced in the 10th.
    Billings pitchers struck out 18 batters in that game.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

It's pretty bad when you can go 3 for 4 to raise your average to .429 and not get a mention in the game threads.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    It's pretty bad when you can go 3 for 4 to raise your average to .429 and not get a mention in the game threads.
    Torreyes is boring.

(He's also my favorite prospect, I believe.)

Tim Crabbe is pitching nicely and Bakersfield leads 2-1 in the sixth. Stephen Hunt has doubled twice and Alex Buchholz has driven him in both times.

Edit: Check that. Hunt has only scored once. But you get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If that batting average doesn't start with a .5 it's not worth mentioning.

AZL Reds add another in the 8th, Jon Matthews tripled and scored on a Robert Ramirez sac fly. 5-1 after 8.

Bottom 6 in Bakersfield, Hunt leads off with a double, moves to 3rd on Buchholz's grounder and scores on Fellhauer's single. LaMarre hits into the 5-4-3 DP, but Bakersfield still goes up 3-1 after 6.

The AZL Reds' closer, Alejandro Chacin, turned 18 last week. He's in for the ninth.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Tim Crabbe is pitching nicely and Bakersfield leads 2-1 in the sixth. Stephen Hunt has doubled twice and Alex Buchholz has driven him in both times.

Edit: Check that. Hunt has only scored once. But you get the point.
    OK, Hunt has now scored two. Fellhauer drove him in to make it 3-1 Bakersfield after six.

Edit: Oh, I see that Danny's already on top of that. My paycheck is in jeopardy.
    Last edited by mace; 07-02-2011 at 12:33 AM.

The AZL Reds' closer, Alejandro Chacin, turned 18 last week. He's in for the ninth.
    Chacin fans the side. I mean, the kid should have just finished his senior year of high school. And he'd be young for his class.

Crabbe hits a batter and has another reach on an error, but gets out of it. Time to stretch, still 3-1 Bakersfield.

Torreyes is boring.

(He's also my favorite prospect, I believe.)
    It's fun to see a guy who weighs about as much as one of my legs rack up hit after hit after hit. When I saw they actually made a baseball card of him last year I had to snap that one up in a hurry.

Bakersfield has loaded the bases with one out. Means singled, Coddington singled and advanced on an error as the outfielder bobbled the ball, and Gregorius got the unintentional intentional walk.

Brodie Greene comes into tonight 6-11 with the bases loaded. He's now 6-12. The 2B makes a nice catch on a blooper and has Gregoius way off of first. Unfortunately for Inland Empire, the throw sails wide, and Means scampers home. 4-1 Bakersfield.

Turn Off Ads?