Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Worst Sin of All

The Worst Sin of All

I have come to realize that this year is nothing like last year because this year we are BORING.

Yawwwwn.

Need a key 2-out hit? You know we're not going to get it. An exciting late-game rally? Nope. A key defensive stop? Not this year.

If I wasn't a Cincinnati Reds fan, I don't think I'd ever watch a Cincinnati Reds game. It is simply not happening this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lets Party Like it's 1869

Re: The Worst Sin of All

wow i couldnt agree more. Most of the time i get more excitement watching my paint dry...at lest its doing something productive.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

We got really spoiled with all the late-inning fireworks last year. But you're right. When this team has days like this, it's almost painful to sit through.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

sad thing is, days like this are more often than most

Gee, how did I know that inning would go like that?

because its happened WAY to often this year

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Yeah, I haven't watched a game for days now. They are way too boring for me. And they always seem to fall behind and I have no faith they will do anything anyway.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

It's almost like following the Bengals. For years, both good and bad I listened to Reds games nightly. But I just can't this year. It isn't that they're bad, it's that management seems to be so stubborn that they refuse to try and change anything to improve. It's one thing if you've got Johnny Bench hitting .220 in July and you keep putting him in the lineup, it's totally different if you've got Jonny Gomes. One is likely to catch fire, hit .300 the rest of the season, drive in a chunk of runs, and play gold glove defense, the other is the guy you promised the position to and you don't want to admit that you were wrong about.

Team chemistry is right out the window. That's what you get for having Renteria intstead of Cabrera.

This team is definitely frustrating. What kills is just the inability to do even the simple things. For instance, with Bruce up in the 8th and Rolen on second, with 2 strikes he needs to just cut down his swing and make sure he gets the ball in play to get Rolen to 3rd. Instead he swings through 3 breaking balls. Every time you want to start getting excited about an inning, somebody just kills it. I still feel like the team is going to turn it around. Luckily the rest of the Central hasn't been any better, but this team is definitely tough to follow right now

I have followed this team for the majority of my 46 years...but the last several weeks I just cant watch these games..I have watched maybe 15 minutes worth on tv over the last 3 weeks combined....they are boring to watch...does any1 realize they havent won 2 games in a row in almost a month?!?!? that is rediculous....every game is a carbon copy...watching stubbs and or bruce strike out 2-3 times a game....someone swinging at a 2-0 pitch with runners on and the pitcher struggling as it is....the gaping hole in left field and the comedy zone that is the shortstop position...and yet walt and dusty are happy with what they have?!?!?!?

This team is seriously painful to watch. Every time they string a couple good games together, and you think they're getting it together they completely fall apart again. I NEVER leave games early, and after the 8-1 embarrassment last night, I couldn't even stand to sit through the entire game today. After Stubbs grounded out to 3rd with them loaded and 1 out, and Phillips K'd, I just left. This team has one great player, (votto) one really good player (phillips) surrounded by either very streaky players, or junk.

Let's face it, this is a .500 baseball team. Too many people have their expectations up from last yea. The Reds do not have a #1 or #2 quality starter (perhaps Cueto is #2 stuff), they have a couple really good players, Votto, Phillips, Hernandez and some young potential, Stubbs and the NL Plyer of the month in May Jay Bruce. All that = a .500 team.

Until they get another front of the rotaton starter and some consistant play from Bruce and Stubbs they are not a winning team. Does anyone see them getting HOT with the team they currently have?

If lucky, The Reds will be 81-81 and finish 3rd in the NL Central!

the reds are 45-38 according to pythagorean W/L, stop overreacting.

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    the reds are 45-38 according to pythagorean W/L, stop overreacting.
    When they start awarding playoffs berths based on Pythag records let us know.

Turn Off Ads?