Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Baker solves Poincaré Conjecture...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Baker solves Poincaré Conjecture...

or why Arroyo is sucking so badly:

"They're stacking lefties against him. Wherever we go, it's the same thing."

My God! That's it! Opposing teams have been starting their left-handed hitters against the right-handed Arroyo!

Meanwhile, back in Bakersville:

Stubbs CF
    Phillips 2B
    Votto 1B
    Rolen 3B
    Bruce RF
    Gomes LF
    Hanigan C
    Janish SS
    Bailey P
    Last edited by malcontent; 07-02-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Re: Baker solves Poincaré Conjecture...

Wow! You play lefthanded hitters against right handed pitchers- what a concept! Its too we don't have an average lefthanded hitter to support Bruce and Votto. It would be nice if we had somebody like Laynce Nix. What's that, we decided not to spend a few bucks to resign him.

Well then its too bad we don't have a bunch of left handed batters down at Louisville tearing the cover off the ball. What's that- we do. But for some reason we don't want to bring them up. So I guess the solution is keep playing Heisy and Gomes and Stubbs against all right handed pitchers and keep making the Frank Herrmans of the world look like Doc Halliday. You remember Halliday- he pitched that no hitter against us in that game Dusty decided to play left handed hitters like Jonny Gomes.

Who does this guy Poincare play for? Does he hit lefthanded?
    Last edited by Mutaman; 07-02-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Wow! You play lefthanded hitters against right handed pitchers- what a concept! Its too we don't have an average lefthanded hitter to support Bruce and Votto. It would be nice if we had somebody like Laynce Nix. What's that, we decided not to spend a few bucks to resign him.

Well then its too bad we don't have a bunch of left handed batters down at Louisville tearing the cover off the ball. What's that- we do. But for some reason we don't want to bring them up. So I guess the solution is keep playing Heisy and Gomes and Stubbs against all right handed pitchers and keep making the Frank Herrmans of the world look like Doc Halliday.

Who does this guy Poincare play for? Does he hit lefthanded?
    We must be missing something obvious, Mutaman.

Is it even possible to replace the still-warm corpse of Scott Rolen at 3B?

What if Paul Janish starts "to relax and play the type of game he's capable of playing (thanks, Walt)"?

That's more crow than I could handle.

Baker is totally brain dead

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    We must be missing something obvious, Mutaman..
    As old school as Dusty is, I don't think he is a big lefty righty guy on offense. Which makes no sense since I have no problem with the way he plays the percentages when it comes to relief pitching. Its obvious hes really loyal to Gomes and Stubbs, but come on.

We can't trade for CC Sabathia and we are not going to get Jose Reyes but we can realistically do something about this team's major weakness- we are getting killed by right handed pitching. We only have 3 lefthanded batters on the whole team. This is something we can realistically impove. Come on. This is a realistic short term improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    As old school as Dusty is, I don't think he is a big lefty righty guy on offense.
    It's like OBP to Baker. Like calculus to an ostrich. He can't comprehend it.

L/R splits don't mean **** to him. He'll start Stubbs against all RHP until he has his 220K.

It's 2009 and T-Virus redux.
    Last edited by malcontent; 07-02-2011 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    It's like OBP to Baker. Like calculus to an ostrich. He can't comprehend it.

L/R splits don't mean **** to him. He'll start Stubbs against all RHP until he has his 220K.

It's 2009 and T-Virus redux.
    I'm not a Dusty basher- his plusses outweigh his minuses. And as an old school guy i can see why he's not big on OBP , a "relativly" new concept. However the idea that a left handed batter has an advantage against a right handed pitcher has been around forever, indeed this notion preceeded Dusty by decades. I note Dusty hit higher over his career against righties than southpaws. Maybe that explains it.

Anyhow its not just Dusty or this organization. Most people on Reds Zone don't pay that much attention to lefty/righty splits. Not that many people complained when they didn't resign Nix. A lot of folks want us to sign Ludwick. A lot of people want to bring up Sappelt. Different right handed hitters will not solve this team's biggest problem.

Different right handed hitters will not solve this team's biggest problem.
    But better right-handed hitters might make the situation a little more palatable. I think that is the thinking behind Ludwick and Sappelt. Whether or not that would help we will probably never know.

Well, I was there on Fri. night to witness Arroyo's pitching. I don't recall a fastball over 87 mph. Most were in the 82-85 range. His off-speed was 69-77. Boys, I'm not a baseball professional, but I don't think that is gonna get it done at the MLB level. Either something's wrong with him or he's lost it quick. Next!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I was getting too frustrated watching this team. I've taken a break and not watched them for awhile now.

I feel much better.

Turn Off Ads?