Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marty's comments regarding Homer

Marty's comments regarding Homer

I thought Marty's comments yesterday regarding Homer yesterday were spot on.

I'm paraphrasing here: "Anytime something goes wrong with this man, he simply cannot put it away because it always seems to stick with him."

Examples:

After Janish's error, Homer gives up a 3 run HR.
    After Votto doesn't pick up a pop up causing Adam Jones to get a 'single,' Guererro singles and Derek Lee hits a 3run HR.

Of course, these are just his last two starts since coming off the DL, but doesn't it seem like it's happened a lot before?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Marty's comments regarding Homer

I sure wouldn't go so far as to say that there isn't truth to Marty's comment, but the bottom line is that Homer produced a quality start yesterday. Thats not only by the book definition of quality start, but just flat out pitched his ass off. Made one really bad pitch and gave up the three run shot. Our offense on the other hand gave him no run support and only one run in the entire game. Yesterday's loss is on the offense. Bailey obviously would have had to throw a shutout in order to win yesterday.

Marty is a self absorbed ******. He ran off Adam Dunn, and now he is turning his sites on Homer and Stubbs.

Not sure I minded Dunn leaving town(regardless of who ran him that direction). Not at the price tag it would have required to keep him... but thats a whole nother subject, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    Marty is a self absorbed ******. He ran off Adam Dunn, and now he is turning his sites on Homer and Stubbs.
    Marty's usually right and I think he's right that Homer is mentally weak.

Homer pitched fine yesterday in my opinion. He pitched 7 innings, and only gave up 3 runs off one bad pitch. The offense needs to score some runs, especially off of Carmona, and relievers from the 3rd inning on.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    Marty definitely did not like Dunn, but you think he "ran him off?" Seriously?
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

The sooner Marty goes the better, I used to love listening to the Reds on Radio but since Joe passed no one reels Marty in and it is the Marty show now instead of Reds baseball.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Like most of you, i grew up listening to Marty and Joe, every single night, from the This one belongs to the Reds, to the Star of the Game show, to Marty's league wrap up, to rounding third and heading for home.

If you listen to Marty right now, if you tune in late and listen to his tone. You would assume we were 25 games under .500, and down in the game 10 to 0.

He went from great, to simply awful, and unbearable to listen to because of his im better than the Reds attitude. Its no longer about the team he covers, its about Marty.

You can be right and still tactful.Sure it bothers Homer,he's competitive,he's also human.Homer has come a long way.I still remember being in my twenties,I'm still a work in progress.I'm sure pointing out his faults over the air is going to help him.I don't know if Marty is a Reds fan.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I think Marty is better now that Brantley is in the booth with him.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    Homer pitched fine yesterday in my opinion. He pitched 7 innings, and only gave up 3 runs off one bad pitch. The offense needs to score some runs, especially off of Carmona, and relievers from the 3rd inning on.
    THIS, is dead-on accurate

...And it happened again last night....walk pitcher on 4 pitches , Weeks hits 3 run "Homer"

Quote Originally Posted by Rantly View Post
    ...And it happened again last night....walk pitcher on 4 pitches , Weeks hits 3 run "Homer"
    You must not have followed the thread closely.... the point was about him being overcome by adversity. Walking the pitcher isn't adversity, its a mistake. His own mistake. Last night's loss was on Homer. His previous start it was on the offense, which produced zilch.

What do you mean? I understood the original post in this thread! Marty apparently stated that whenever something goes wrong, Homer can't put it behind him. It happened after he walked the pitcher last night whether it was his mistake or "adversity"

Turn Off Ads?