Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How many wins will the Reds take on this road trip?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll

1 2.22%

2 4.44%

8 17.78%

17 37.78%

14 31.11%

3 6.67%

0 0%

Thread: Road to the Break

Road to the Break

The Redlegs embark on a killer stretch of roadies heading into the break, starting with a great matchup tonight with Cueto versus Chris Carpenter's son's dad.

So.... how many wins will they ride into the break?

It's an odd situation, to be sure. With the way everything is jumbled at the top of the Central, winning just 3 might not drop them back at all. But winning four might not gain any ground either.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Worth The Wait

Re: Road to the Break

2-5 or worse and I think I'll be very close to throwing in the towel on the season. 5-2 or better and I think I'll have renewed hope and energy or the second half.

Most likely we win 3-4 and tread water heading into the break and I really won't know what to think. I voted 3... I say we lose 2 of 3 in STL and split the 4 in MIL.

I'm hoping that the struggles recently were almost a lack of interest in non-division games. We have 13 games in a row that are going to move the needle in this division. We will have a better idea of where we stand on July 20.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting The Voice of IH's Avatar

We take two of three in St.Louis, three of four in Milwaukee and have the lead going into the ASB.

I hit six because I was feeling froggy and mis-clicked
    Last edited by The Voice of IH; 07-04-2011 at 12:21 PM.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Lol. He said "Chris Carpenter's son's dad".
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Sweep. 7-0. I decided to take the optimist/delusion approach. :O)
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

If you have been watching only the games and not paying attention to the standings you would think the Reds were 7-10 games back. However, SOMEHOW - everyone else sucks too and we are still in this. Let's sweep the Cardinals again, baby!
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Although the Reds can't seem to make everything click at once yet, the Brewers and the Cardinals don't even have a defense to click. If their pitching or offense falters they are sunk. I think our guys realize the importance of these games and step it up a notch. 5-2. We win 2 in StL and 3 in Milwaukee.

"Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

0-1 so far. the pessimist in me thinks we'll go 1-6 and be toast by the All Star break. then instead of dealing guys who have value (Ramon, Coco) we'll make some cheap insignificant pickup (Edmonds II) and finish 3rd. I'm kinda at a low point in my Castellini era Reds fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    0-1 so far. the pessimist in me thinks we'll go 1-6 and be toast by the All Star break. then instead of dealing guys who have value (Ramon, Coco) we'll make some cheap insignificant pickup (Edmonds II) and finish 3rd. I'm kinda at a low point in my Castellini era Reds fandom.
    I sincerely ask...try to hang in there man. Got the whole second half to go.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I sincerely ask...try to hang in there man. Got the whole second half to go.
    thanks!

I voted for two. One in St. Louis and one in Milwaukee. The Reds have shown me no reason they are suddenly going to turn it around and go on that hot streak that pull them away from everyone else. Last night, in fact, leads me to think that was probably the beginning of the end. Just absolutley pathetic clutch hitting all season. Reds management knew going into he season LF was a problem; SS was a problem and most likely 3b would be a problem with an aging Rolen. They have sat back and did nothing to improve this team. Not even bring up hitters from AAA that are just killing it down there. You would think by mid season they would know these guys just aren't suddenly going to turn it around. I hope they prove me wrong and they do suddenly turn it around. But I see no reasons whatsoever that they will. I am afraid 4th place is their destiny in 2011.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I went with three. I think we take the Wednesday game against St. Louis and then a couple in Milwaukee. I just wish the Reds would bounce back with renewed vigor after last night's heartbreaker.

I think the Reds will get swept in St. Louis and win two in Milwaukee...
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Turn Off Ads?