Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dontrelle Willis move?

Dontrelle Willis move?

From mlbtraderumors,
    "Dontrelle Willis was scratched from his start for the Louisville Bats tonight, leading to speculation that the Reds are calling him up or he's involved in a trade. Bronson Arroyo has dealt with a back issue this year, so it's possible Willis could take his place in the Reds' rotation for a while."

Any thoughts? Heard anything?
    Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.
    -Ted Williams

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dontrelle Willis move?

Sounds like he was scratched in case he needed to start for Bronson this week, but Bronson is fine.

A) No Bronson is not fine and to me this would be a perfect time to DL Bronson, he would only miss 1 start with the all star break coming up.

B) Willis is not a long term solution, but lets see what he can do...

C) Walt and Dusty are to stupid to consider the above.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    A) No Bronson is not fine and to me this would be a perfect time to DL Bronson, he would only miss 1 start with the all star break coming up.

B) Willis is not a long term solution, but lets see what he can do...

C) Walt and Dusty are to stupid to consider the above.
    What happened to Dontrelle is washed up and shouldn't even be considered for a call up?
    "There are high fastballs and then theres Chapman's high fastball" -Chris Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    What happened to Dontrelle is washed up and shouldn't even be considered for a call up?
    Oh I still agree he is washed up, but this is a 1 start type thing. It gives him a chance to showcase for trade bait, it gives Bronson 2 full weeks off to rest and get ready. No I don't want to see Willis get numerous starts, but I could live with 1.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Arroyo has never missed a start, ever; I'm sure he's very proud of that streak and wants to keep it going. Dusty will want to let him. They could bring Willis up as quietly as possible, have him ready in the bullpen, and put Arroyo on a short leash.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Bronson will be starting wednsday per fay.

Arroyo's streak of starts shouldn't even be given any consideration if he starts or not. Putting that kinda feel good/confidence stuff ahead of winning games is what's got this team in the spot they're in. Bottom line is he isn't getting the job done lately. Time to give somebody else a shot.

Hmm...is this true? I didn't realize Arroyo had some some sort of starts streak going on...I coulda sworn he was on the DL a couple years ago....or maybe I am just "misremembering" what I wish would have happened.

Here is just more proof of putting "players" in front of team. This is a team game, I don't give a rats butt about any player achievements. If Bronson is feeling dizzy and such then sit his butt. Again we have to stop looking at I and go with TEAM.

could it get any worse? might do something. but they obv wont

Super Agent

This is the shake it up move I wouldn't mind. It's not overreacting, but it's a way to try to inject some life into this team. I'm sorry but Arroyo is done. He's a human pitching machine. D Train isn't going to come into the majors and dominate by any stretch but if you look at how he has been performing this year down in the minors, he has definitely figured something out. I mean he can't do much worse than a 5.49 ERA right?

Quote Originally Posted by NatiWolfpack24 View Post
    This is the shake it up move I wouldn't mind. It's not overreacting, but it's a way to try to inject some life into this team. I'm sorry but Arroyo is done. He's a human pitching machine. D Train isn't going to come into the majors and dominate by any stretch but if you look at how he has been performing this year down in the minors, he has definitely figured something out. I mean he can't do much worse than a 5.49 ERA right?
    wrong pitcher

Quote Originally Posted by NatiWolfpack24 View Post
    If you look at his recent ML numbers he can do much worse than a 5.49 ERA. Having said that I want to change something about this team so if that means Dontrelle coming up I'll be more than happy to give him a chance.
    "There are high fastballs and then theres Chapman's high fastball" -Chris Welsh

I say send Volquez out before tomorrows game and call up Wills. If Arroyo struggles early, give him a shot. Volquez needs an extended stay at Louisville with Mario Soto by his side.

Turn Off Ads?