Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 114

Thread: Casey Anthony Got Off

  1. #1
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Casey Anthony Got Off

    I'm dying to read some reaction from the RZ faithful...

    Hard to believe, IMO, and how quickly they reached such a verdict!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: Casey Anthony Got Off

    I think she probably killed her.

    I don't think the prosecution proved that.

  4. #3
    always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,232

    Re: Casey Anthony Got Off

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I think she probably killed her.

    I don't think the prosecution proved that.
    Yep. Not beyond a reasonable doubt.

  5. #4
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: Casey Anthony Got Off

    Considering all the facts and circumstantial evidence, I was expecting at least a finding of Manslaughter and Felony Child Abuse. That she got neither is pretty appalling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: Casey Anthony Got Off

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Considering all the facts and circumstantial evidence, I was expecting at least a finding of Manslaughter and Felony Child Abuse. That she got neither is pretty appalling.
    But that's all it was...circumstantial.

    The prosecution got too aggressive. They should have gone for a lesser charge and they probably would have gotten it. They went big and didn't have the smoking gun so to speak.

  7. #6
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: Casey Anthony Got Off

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    But that's all it was...circumstantial.

    The prosecution got too aggressive. They should have gone for a lesser charge and they probably would have gotten it. They went big and didn't have the smoking gun so to speak.
    I agree that the prosecution shot too high, but the jury would have been well within their rights to find her guilty on lesser charges. The fact that the verdict was reached so quickly tells me this option wasn't even given serious debate (if it was debated at all).
    Last edited by WMR; 07-05-2011 at 05:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,162

    Re: Casey Anthony Got Off

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    But that's all it was...circumstantial.

    The prosecution got too aggressive. They should have gone for a lesser charge and they probably would have gotten it. They went big and didn't have the smoking gun so to speak.
    Thats what happens when someone covers up the death for a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

    Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"


  9. #8
    Member 1990REDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    472

    Re: Casey Anthony Got Off

    At times it seemed like the prosecution was to busy trying to prove to the jury that she was a liar, and forgot to prove to them that she was a murderer.
    During my 18 years I came to bat almost 10,000 times. I struck out about 1,700 times and walked maybe 1,800 times. You figure a ballplayer will average about 500 at bats a season. That means I played seven years without ever hitting the ball. ~Mickey Mantle, 1970

  10. #9
    Time is the Revelator. LvJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    7,281

    Re: Casey Anthony Got Off

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I think she probably killed her.

    I don't think the prosecution proved that.
    This.

    /thread.
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

  11. #10
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: Casey Anthony Got Off

    Anyone who looks at the evidence in this case, and everything that is known, and says there is reasonable doubt is blind or stupid.

    Casey Anthony is a pathological liar.....Fact. That means any story she tells will be a lie. What exactly did she ever tell the truth about?

    The condition in which the body or skeletal remains were found rule out accidental death. The presence of duct tape found to have been wrapped over the child's mouth prove homocide. If she had drown placing duct tape on her mouth serves no purpose.

    George Anthony was a cop, if she had accidentally drown in his care, the charges would have been minor compared to what occurred and he would have known this. Implausible he would have attempted to cover it up. Also Casey is a pathological liar did I mention that.

    Casey Anthony's behavior during the period of Caylee's disappearance as well as testimony of her friends that she partied with were not that of a grieving mother. Even if Caylee had accidentally drown, she would not be getting tattoos of "Beautiful Life" and partying with smiles.

    Cadaver dogs don't hit on garbage. They can detect human decomposition underground, does anyone believe they couldn't hit on a car trunk. Do you doubt their accuracy. These animals are used for a reason they are highly accurate.

    One of the foremost experts in the field found evidence of human decomp, as well as substantially high levels of chloroform. Defense experts say otherwise but of course they aren't going to put someone on the stand that agrees with prosecution. Fact still remains Chloroform present human decomp present.

    In short it takes a complete fool to acquit in this case. And it is sad that these people let a murderer off the hook because they were afraid to put her to death. This was less about reasonable doubt and more about how much our country has turned into a bunch of cowards. Charles Manson never killed anyone, but ordered others to do so, and he will never be released as well he shouldn't IMO. However, another psychopath who murdered her child and told a million lies, will walk free because 12 people were too stupid to use their brain to see what was in front of them. Where was the remorse or even a shred of emotion. Her child is dead and she doesn't care. Why? Because she murdered her, and wanted her dead. She just didn't want to pay the consequences. And thanks to the jackasses in Florida she won't have to. I just hope if she is sentenced to any time, one of the inmates suffocates the life out of her. Then Justice will be served.
    There are convictions all the time without a murder weapon or eye witnesses or finger prints or any other direct proof.

    Look at Scott Peterson in California. Look at Thomas Capuano in Delaware -- there wasn't even a trace of a body.

    This was simply a jury of numbskulls who got confused by a defense team of charlatans and who weren't helped by a prosecution team that made the evidence much too complicated.

    Her daughter -- in her direct care -- vanished and she didn't inform anyone for more than a month while she engaged in wanton partying. When the body was found it was clear the child was chloroformed and taped up. The mother has no plausible explanation for how that happened -- or why she wasn't pounding on the door of the police station for an investigation on the first minute the child vanished.

    That is plenty of circumstantial evidence for a conviction -- if the jury understood the concept of "reasonable doubt." It doesn't mean a mathematical certainty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  12. #11
    always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,232

    Re: Casey Anthony Got Off

    Quote Originally Posted by 1990REDS View Post
    At times it seemed like the prosecution was to busy trying to prove to the jury that she was a liar, and forgot to prove to them that she was a murderer.
    Yep, exactly.

  13. #12
    Member Spitball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    5,622

    Re: Casey Anthony Got Off

    I believe the prosecuters needed to work harder to prove motive. It would have been difficult. Maybe it is too difficult to prove in these kind of cases.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

  14. #13
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,638

    Re: Casey Anthony Got Off

    Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    Yep. Not beyond a reasonable doubt.
    The jury instructions for reasonable doubt from a trial I had:

    "...reasonable doubt is not just any kind of doubt, but is instead doubt that is based upon reason and common sense and not based purely upon speculation..."

    People are misunderstanding the burden of the State -- it is not incumbent upon the State to erase all doubt from the minds of the jury or to account for all possible defense theories of the case. The State merely must prove all elements of the offense to such a degree that any common sense doubt or doubt based upon reason is erased from the mind of the jurors.

    Doubt exists with everything. Confessions can be doubted. Eyewitness testimony can be doubted. The question is whether or not your common sense and reason, as a juror (or as a armchair juror, sitting at home following from afar), leads you to conclude that doubt exists.

    Where is the reasonable doubt in this case? Where is the alternative theory of the case that fits with reason and common sense? Call me biased, but I just don't see it. I can get behind reasonable doubt on the premeditation element of the offense -- I don't know that the State presented enough evidence to convince me that this was all planned out in advanced -- but the underlying crime? Incredibly guilty. I just don't see where the common sense, reasoned doubt exists in this case.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,736

    Re: Casey Anthony Got Off

    I haven't been able to watch the news, anybody want to give me a run down of the case? Everyone I've talked to have mentioned how obvious it was that she was the killer.

  16. #15
    Member ervinsm84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    West Chester
    Posts
    448

    Re: Casey Anthony Got Off

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    The jury instructions for reasonable doubt from a trial I had:

    "...reasonable doubt is not just any kind of doubt, but is instead doubt that is based upon reason and common sense and not based purely upon speculation..."

    People are misunderstanding the burden of the State -- it is not incumbent upon the State to erase all doubt from the minds of the jury or to account for all possible defense theories of the case. The State merely must prove all elements of the offense to such a degree that any common sense doubt or doubt based upon reason is erased from the mind of the jurors.

    Doubt exists with everything. Confessions can be doubted. Eyewitness testimony can be doubted. The question is whether or not your common sense and reason, as a juror (or as a armchair juror, sitting at home following from afar), leads you to conclude that doubt exists.

    Where is the reasonable doubt in this case? Where is the alternative theory of the case that fits with reason and common sense? Call me biased, but I just don't see it. I can get behind reasonable doubt on the premeditation element of the offense -- I don't know that the State presented enough evidence to convince me that this was all planned out in advanced -- but the underlying crime? Incredibly guilty. I just don't see where the common sense, reasoned doubt exists in this case.

    do i think its likely she killed or knows who did or what happened? yes. The problem is the prosecution did not have:

    1. cause of death
    2. witnesses of the death
    3. location of the death
    4. murder weapon
    5. confession

    im not a lawyer, but w/o at least 1 or 2 of those things its pretty much impossible to get a murder conviction, and I pray it stays that way.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25