Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Casey Anthony Got Off

Re: Casey Anthony Got Off

C'mon guys there's plenty of "good mothers" out there who conduct internet searches for chloroform, duct tape, and neck breaking and allow their daughter's "disappearance" (lol) to go unreported for 31 days.

Plenty of people duct tape and chloroform an accidentally drowned baby.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    All it takes is 1 incident to diminish everything. No parent is perfect and all parents make mistakes, but when you're talking about a parent not reporting their child missing for 31 days, that to me is beyond comprehension. Any "good" parenting in the past goes out the window when you make a poor decision like that in my book.
    WE're not in disagreement. She's obviously nuts. But that doesn't make her guilty of murder.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    C'mon guys there's plenty of "good mothers" out there who conduct internet searches for chloroform, duct tape, and neck breaking and allow their daughter's "disappearance" (lol) to go unreported for 31 days.

Plenty of people duct tape and chloroform an accidentally drowned baby.

"Casey Anthony's mother, Cindy, may have turned her daughter's murder trial on its head when she testified late Thursday afternoon that she, not Casey, used the family's computer to search for “chloroform” on the Internet"

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/06/23/...or-chloroform/

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    "Casey Anthony's mother, Cindy, may have turned her daughter's murder trial on its head when she testified late Thursday afternoon that she, not Casey, used the family's computer to search for “chloroform” on the Internet"

So it was the grandmother who chloroformed her grandchild. Not a mother lying trying to save her daughter from a lethal injection. Gotcha.

Prosecutors had also drawn attention to web searches for “chest injuries” and “neck breaking,” claiming that they spoke to Casey's homicidal intentions and state of mind. Cindy took responsibility for those searches, too, saying she searched about injuries after a friend was in a car crash and searched about broken necks when she saw a YouTube video about a skateboarder doing a “neck-breaking stunt.”
    Last edited by WMR; 07-10-2011 at 09:33 PM.

Prosecutors had also drawn attention to web searches for “chest injuries” and “neck breaking,” claiming that they spoke to Casey's homicidal intentions and state of mind.
    See. To me, that's a huge leap.

Fwiw, I've heard the jury was 10-2 against 1st degree murder and 8-4 against manslaughter. And what would they know? They only sat there and listened to every second of testimony.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

WE're not in disagreement. She's obviously nuts. But that doesn't make her guilty of murder.
    I never said she was guilty of murder, though I do believe at a minimum she was involved. I just said I believe she wasn't a good mother, regardless of what Geraldo said.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    So it was the grandmother who chloroformed her grandchild. Not a mother lying trying to save her daughter from a lethal injection. Gotcha.

I have no idea. Like you, I wasn't in the courtroom and don't know that much about the case. Unlike you I'm not going to criticise the 12 members of the jury who were and who heard all of the evidence presented.

From what I understand, witnesses testified to this fact at trial.
    Those witnesses obviously are a poor judge of character. Does a good mother go off partying? Does a good mother have traces of chloroform in her trunk?

It was later reported that it couldn't have been Cindy because she was at work at those times. For that reason she could be brought up on perjury charges.

Cindy Anthony's claim that she carried out the many chloroform searches occurred at a time when her time card as a nurse showed that she was working. Cindy Anthony claims she left work early on those days.

"We already know that on the state's witness list they've got the record keeper for Cindy's work. ... If they have her computer records, they're going to be able to show she was absolutely at work and if the defense set her up for a perjury charge, it's on them," former prosecutor Nancy Grace said today on "Good Morning America."
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-antho...ry?id=13921276

When it comes to lying the apple doesn't fall far from the tree

I have no idea. Like you, I wasn't in the courtroom and don't know that much about the case. Unlike you I'm not going to criticise the 12 members of the jury who were and who heard all of the evidence presented.
    As these jury folks come out and do interviews, it's fair game to criticize them just like with OJ's jury. The early returns are this jury didn't understand the evidence or the judge's intructions

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    As these jury folks come out and do interviews, it's fair game to criticize them just like with OJ's jury. The early returns are this jury didn't understand the evidence or the judge's intructions
    Pretty much this exactly.

That they didn't find her guilty of Felony Child Abuse and Manslaughter at the MINIMUM is appalling.

It was later reported that it couldn't have been Cindy because she was at work at those times. For that reason she could be brought up on perjury charges.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-antho...ry?id=13921276

When it comes to lying the apple doesn't fall far from the tree
    Exactly why her parents were so stoic upon hearing the "not guilty" verdict.

They know in their hearts they were complicit in covering up the killing of their granddaughter. I hope that little girl's memory haunts all 3 of them for the rest of their days and beyond.

The early returns are this jury didn't understand the evidence or the judge's intructions
    What early returns?

Does a good mother have traces of chloroform in her trunk?
    This hasn't been proven.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

What early returns?
    The first jurors who've been given interviews.

You admit you haven't followed this closely. Was it news to you that Cindy Anthony was at work when she claimed to have been using Casey's computer for chloroform searches?

Turn Off Ads?