Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Juan Francisco to be placed on the DL

  1. #1
    -The Insider-
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,871

    Juan Francisco to be placed on the DL

    I posted this in the minor league forum but I thought I'd put it here too. Bats infielder Juan Francisco will be placed on the Triple-A disabled list with a knee injury. I don't know how bad the injury is or isn't but I just know he's going on the DL.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oxford, OH
    Posts
    2,284

    Re: Francisco to be placed on the DL

    I have no prob. with this being here myself, however could we get the title changed to "Juan Francisco..."? I was worried for a second...

    Regarding Cisco, I've heard next to nothing about him lately, even in the minor league forum. Is he beginning to be viewed as a bust?

    320
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Re: Francisco to be placed on the DL

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    I have no prob. with this being here myself, however could we get the title changed to "Juan Francisco..."? I was worried for a second...

    Regarding Cisco, I've heard next to nothing about him lately, even in the minor league forum. Is he beginning to be viewed as a bust?

    320
    Actually, I think I read somewhere that Cisco had TJ surgery a few months ago and was out for the 2011 season.
    Opinions are like belly buttons. Everybody has one, and they don't want someone else's shoved into their face.

  5. #4
    Louisville Bats Expert batsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    695

    Re: Francisco to be placed on the DL

    Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    I posted this in the minor league forum but I thought I'd put it here too. Bats infielder Juan Francisco will be placed on the Triple-A disabled list with a knee injury. I don't know how bad the injury is or isn't but I just know he's going on the DL.
    Costanzo to AAA? Would rather have seen Soto - does he still play any 3B?

  6. #5
    Administrator Boss-Hog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    6,077

    Re: Francisco to be placed on the DL

    Let's get news posted in the most appropriate place in lieu of cross posting the same story in multiple forums, please. I'd merge this with the thread you said you started in the Minor League forum but I don't see which one you're referring to...

  7. #6
    Member GOYA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    5,143

    Re: Francisco to be placed on the DL

    The transactions thread.

  8. #7
    Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oxford, OH
    Posts
    2,284

    Re: Francisco to be placed on the DL

    Actually, I think I read somewhere that Cisco had TJ surgery a few months ago and was out for the 2011 season.
    I didn't mean highly-touted pitching prospect Drew Cisco, I mean Juan Francisco. Which considering I was getting on someone else for not clarifying which "Francisco" was originally mentioned, is rather... ironic. Mea culpa.

    320
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

  9. #8
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,659

    Re: Francisco to be placed on the DL

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    I didn't mean highly-touted pitching prospect Drew Cisco, I mean Juan Francisco. Which considering I was getting on someone else for not clarifying which "Francisco" was originally mentioned, is rather... ironic. Mea culpa.

    320
    I thought it was Cordero at first.
    Chapman to the rotation!!!! Do it already!!!!

  10. #9
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,716

    Re: Francisco to be placed on the DL

    Who hears "Francisco" and thinks of Cordero? He's either Cordero or "Coco." I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to him as just "Francisco."

    I immediately thought of Juan Francisco when I saw this thread title. Then again, he seems to be hurt a lot, so I'm sure that played a part in it.

  11. #10
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,659

    Re: Francisco to be placed on the DL

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Who hears "Francisco" and thinks of Cordero? He's either Cordero or "Coco." I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to him as just "Francisco."

    I immediately thought of Juan Francisco when I saw this thread title. Then again, he seems to be hurt a lot, so I'm sure that played a part in it.
    Ummm...obviously, I do. Normally I would think Juan too. But he's in L'ville, so I was thinking Reds players seeing as where this thread was. No biggie. Just pleasantly surprised it wasn't Cordero. (not that I'm happy Juan is hurt)
    Chapman to the rotation!!!! Do it already!!!!

  12. #11
    -The Insider-
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,871

    Re: Francisco to be placed on the DL

    Usually you only see players being referenced by their last name. That's what I'm used to. I would have definitely said Cordero if it was about Coco.

  13. #12
    -The Insider-
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,871

    Re: Juan Francisco to be placed on the DL

    Just an update. Francisco has a torn meniscus in his right knee. I don't know if he's going to rehab it or opt for surgery. If the he and the Reds choose the latter, the typical recovery time is four to six weeks. I'll try and find out which route they are going to take.

  14. #13
    Knowledge Is Good Big Klu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    19,514

    Re: Francisco to be placed on the DL

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Who hears "Francisco" and thinks of Cordero? He's either Cordero or "Coco." I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to him as just "Francisco."

    I immediately thought of Juan Francisco when I saw this thread title. Then again, he seems to be hurt a lot, so I'm sure that played a part in it.
    I figured that the title was referring to Juan Francisco, but I never call Francisco Cordero by his so-called nickname. To me, he's either "Cordero" or informally, "Francisco".

    "Coco" sounds like a stripper, along with "Mystique", "Jasmine", and "Destiny".
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

  15. #14
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,491

    Re: Francisco to be placed on the DL

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I figured that the title was referring to Juan Francisco, but I never call Francisco Cordero by his so-called nickname. To me, he's either "Cordero" or informally, "Francisco".

    "Coco" sounds like a stripper, along with "Mystique", "Jasmine", and "Destiny".
    I think Jasmine Cordero has a nice ring to it. Maybe he should switch.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25