Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angels a trade partner?

Angels a trade partner?

The Angels have two quality short stops who are having productive years. Wonder what it would take to pry either Aybar (my preference) or Izturis away from them. Go get one Walt.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    BAKER12

Re: Angels a trade partner?

They want a power hitter, not gonna get the deal done with Gomes. Stubbs or Heisey would be the candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by BAKER12 View Post
    They want a power hitter, not gonna get the deal done with Gomes. Stubbs or Heisey would be the candidates.
    They need a catcher. I really don't want to part with Ramon, but the Reds really need to shore up the SS position. What about Alonzo?

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker View Post
    The Angels have two quality short stops who are having productive years. Wonder what it would take to pry either Aybar (my preference) or Izturis away from them. Go get one Walt.
    I would be all over Eric Aybar, but I can't think they would be interested in trading him.

BAKER12

Trumbo has 13 homers and 36 RBI at 1B for the Angels
    They do need power, or at least they have said they would like a power hitter

They've got nothing from the catcher's position this year. That being said, I'm not sure Ramon would get it done or not.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I would be all over Eric Aybar, but I can't think they would be interested in trading him.
    Understood. Izturis has actually had a better year as he's in the top 5 in baseball at the shortstop pos in obp. Aybar hasn't had the numbers this year that Izturis has, however Aybar turned 27 in Jan and Izturis will turn 31 in Sept.

Gomes has hella powa! Have you seen his arms?!? Aybar straight up for Gomes I say.....

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Gomes has hella powa!
    Is there a cure for that?

Have you seen his arms?!?
    No. Are they missing?!?

Aybar straight up for Gomes I say.....
    Not until we locate his arms I say.....

to make a trade you have to have a GM who is willing to deal, Walt isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    to make a trade you have to have a GM who is willing to deal, Walt isn't.
    I think Walt has shown willingness to deal when the circumstances warrant. He will not make a knee jerk trade to appease the lunatic fringe of the Reds fanbase. Thankfully, he sees the bigger picture more than those dolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    I think Walt has shown willingness to deal when the circumstances warrant. He will not make a knee jerk trade to appease the lunatic fringe of the Reds fanbase. Thankfully, he sees the bigger picture more than those dolts.
    when? outside of the Rolen deal what great trade has Walt made? If you can watch this present Reds team and not see that some moves need to be made you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    when? outside of the Rolen deal what great trade has Walt made? If you can watch this present Reds team and not see that some moves need to be made you need help.
    Look back at his entire career. He is not shy to make a move when he thinks it benefits the team both short and long term. The Rolen example certainly fits and we were in on Cliff Lee last year before Texas simply made a better offer.

This current team, for the most part, has been built from within and there will be some moves made to adjust the roster. But where Walt is smarter than the lunatic fan is that you should never make a deal just to make a deal. If there is a deal to be made that betters the team, he'll make it. But he won't trade a guy just to say there I did something.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Look back at his entire career. He is not shy to make a move when he thinks it benefits the team both short and long term. The Rolen example certainly fits and we were in on Cliff Lee last year before Texas simply made a better offer.

This current team, for the most part, has been built from within and there will be some moves made to adjust the roster. But where Walt is smarter than the lunatic fan is that you should never make a deal just to make a deal. If there is a deal to be made that betters the team, he'll make it. But he won't trade a guy just to say there I did something.
    No you make deals to improve your team if your team needs improvement, which I think it is easy to see this team does. Yet nothing...yep why to keep your "investors" happy and turning out to watch their product.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

This team has had huge holes in LF and SS for roughly three years and Walt has done nothing, IMO, to try to rectify those situations. (Unless you consider signing over-the-hill shortstops and never-was leftfielders as legitimate attempts to solve the problem.) What he is waiting on is anyone's guess.

Turn Off Ads?