Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Cozart and Fisher called up, Janish and Volquez to AAA

Re: Cozart called up

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Why do people continue to persist in this belief about Baker? With rare exception in his tenure with the Reds, he has been incredibly patient with young players. In fact, again not without exception, it's practically been the hallmark of his managerial stint here.

You think he will trust a rookie SS....unless he shows right away he can do something....and not start Renteria more until he does?

I know he is not against working in younger players...in this case, SS is a very important position,.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Janish should be nervous about now
    Who knows at this point. There's also been some chatter that ER is being DFA'd.

Interesting...some dude on twitter is saying Renteria is getting DFA'd to make room for Cozart. He tweeted this yesterday:

@johnfayman @CarolinaMudcats //This just in Renteria DFA, Cozart is getting the call.

@johnfayman @JosephKolks //No to 3 - SS, decision was made yesterday before game to call up Cozart & DFA Renteria.

And then tweeted this a few minutes ago:

@johnfayman //No coincidence, like I told you yesterday the decision was made yesterday before game to call up Cozart & DFA Renteria

http://twitter.com/JohnnySmith28

-The Insider-

Do I get an award? Lol just kidding. It's what I do

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Interesting...some dude on twitter is saying Renteria is getting DFA'd to make room for Cozart. He tweeted this yesterday:
    I saw that too, OBM. Anyone have any idea who this Johnny Smith guy is?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    I saw that too, OBM. Anyone have any idea who this Johnny Smith guy is?
    John Smith -- sounds rather pseudonym-y to me.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

If they were going to DFA Renteria then how could he get the start yesterday? Good to see Cozart finally get a call, now to see how/when Dusty will use him. Gets rid of one of the toys for Dusty to misuse though regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    If they were going to DFA Renteria then how could he get the start yesterday? Good to see Cozart finally get a call, now to see how/when Dusty will use him. Gets rid of one of the toys for Dusty to misuse though regardless.
    I agree ... I can't see how they'd start Renteria knowing they would DFA him after the game. And Edgar went out and got a big hit in the first after the Heisey HR to keep the rally going.

Add in a pair of horrific at-bats by Janish in extra innings, and I can't see how it's Edgar that's the SS to go.

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    This thread is sure to be 100 replies by noon.
    Nope, only 68...but over 4,000 views.

Yeah, I'm not saying they won't DFA Renteria, but there's no way they decided to do it before the game and then started him.

I know this is an unpopular opinon, but I'd keep Edgar and send down Janish.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Borkowski View Post
    Nope, only 68...but over 4,000 views.
    Only 9:14 am here

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not saying they won't DFA Renteria, but there's no way they decided to do it before the game and then started him.

I know this is an unpopular opinon, but I'd keep Edgar and send down Janish.
    Agreed. Janish's defense does not offset his weak hitting, IMO. I'd rather have a bat off the bench than a glove (assuming Cozart gets the starts).
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Only 9:14 am here
    Touche.

"Johnny Smith's" "update"
    http://twitter.com/#!/JohnnySmith28

@johnfayman //The Cozart part is done as of yesterday, the Renteria part is causing tension within. Could be interesting...

Who the hell is Johnny Smith? ahahaha

Turn Off Ads?