Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cozart called up, per ORG

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Cozart called up, per ORG

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90578

About stinking time. This should have been done awhile ago.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: Cozart called up, per ORG

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90578

About stinking time. This should have been done awhile ago.
    Start him in the 6 hole and bat him 2nd. Today, dude.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I wonder what the corresponding move is? Janish or Renteria?

I know people have been clamoring for this to happen for awhile now. I hope people curb their expectations of the kid. No matter what he's done in the minors he's a rookie and he's gonna have his struggles. Look at Bruce when he came up. He had probably one of the best first months in the majors of any player I can remember in a long time, and yet there are still times when we get pissed at him. Let's give the kid room to grow and know that there will be ups and downs.

no joke right? i have no clue what to look for but im atleast happy to see what he can do.

I have looked all over the internet and found no confirmation of this. So I'm strickly going by what The ORG says. The ORG did sticky it, so someone must know something, right?

I've looked at mlb.com, Sheldon's blog and twitter, Fay's blog and twitter, Redleg Nation, Red's minor leagues, official Reds site, Red Reporter, and other sites that have mlb transactions, and there is no confirmation of this anywhere but on the ORG.

Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I have looked all over the internet and found no confirmation of this. So I'm strickly going by what The ORG says. The ORG did sticky it, so someone must know something, right?

I've looked at mlb.com, Sheldon's blog and twitter, Fay's blog and twitter, Redleg Nation, Red's minor leagues, official Reds site, Red Reporter, and other sites that have mlb transactions, and there is no confirmation of this anywhere but on the ORG.

Hmmm.
    yea hope its 4real

I want Janish to be with the team at the end of the season because he is a great defensive sub and Renteria is the last bat I want to use off the bench anyway. However, I hope Janish gets sent down to AAA and is able to get some confidence in his offense. Nobody expected him to put up great numbers, but this has been ridiculous. The thing I can't understand about Janish is the lack of power. Not that he was ever going to hit 30 HRs, but he was hitting the ball pretty hard last year. This year it feels like even if he gets an XBH it's because of a bloop in a good spot.

Better late than never. Although it would have been better early than late.

Congrats to Mr. Cozart

If this isn't true I will have Cozart blue balls... again.

Unfortunately we waited until he started slumping (.150 in July) to bring him up. But I predict this call up will get him going. Even slumping he'll be an upgrade over what Janish is giving us right now anyway.
    Reds 2010 NL Central Champs

Well, I'm sure we'll go on a 10 game winning streak now that he's been called up.

After seeing how pathetic Janish looked last night (and all season) and how bad Volquez has been, I am more inclined to believe that this move is happening. I think the speculation comes from Fay's Twitter :RT @MGrable can u confirm cozart has been called up from Louisville or not official until later// hearing could be moves, nothing official

I hope this is true, but we should have made this move and brought up Sappelt a month ago when they were knocking the cover off the ball. Still happy if it is true though...

So is Janish going to Triple AAA? I just hope that they don't cut Renteria because if they would cut him and Cozart dosent live up to the hype we will be stuck with Janish basically thats what the Reds have now.
    Last edited by redsfan1995; 07-07-2011 at 10:05 AM.

If this is true it wouldn't shock me to see a pitcher be sent down. Maybe Volquez, maybe Arroyo to the DL with another move in waiting for Sunday for Wood or Willis.

What about Stubbs to AAA for Cozart? I have no problem with a Lewis, Heisey, Bruce outfield for the next few weeks.

I will say that if Cozart is up and its either Janish or Renteria going it should be Janish sent out.

Turn Off Ads?