45 Anthony Gose, cf, Blue Jays
    46 Nolan Arenado, 3b, Rockies
    47 Allen Webster, rhp, Dodgers
    48 Matt Szczur, of, Cubs
    49 Jedd Gyorko, 3b, Padres
    50 Paul Goldschmidt, 1b, Diamondbacks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: BA Midseason Top 50

Mike Trout got called up by the Angels today.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

50 Paul Goldschmidt, 1b, Diamondbacks
    Only 1b on the list. He's OPS'ed 1.045, .990, and 1.065 the last 3 years. 23-year old in AA this year. If he's 50th, I can see why Yonder wouldn't be in the top 50. He's never hit that well.

8 Jesus Montero, c, Yankees
    How does he move up a place from his preseason Top 50 spot? Still young, but, he seems to have taken a big step back offensively. Do people see him staying at catcher?

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegsToday View Post
    How does he move up a place from his preseason Top 50 spot? Still young, but, he seems to have taken a big step back offensively. Do people see him staying at catcher?
    There are a few more people on board with him staying at catcher than before, but most still think there is no chance. As for him moving up... he didn't. He was the #3 prospect in baseball at the end of last season. So he technically fell 5 spots and even with that, three guys between #3 and #8 have graduated, so he got passed up by quite a few guys.

Oh, I see what I did. Montero's milb.com page lists him as the 9th best prospect by mlb.com. Not BA. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Mike Trout got called up by the Angels today.
    I'm excited to see him. That kid is a great player. Speed, baserunning, gets on base and has power to boot.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I'm excited to see him. That kid is a great player. Speed, baserunning, gets on base and has power to boot.
    Just looked up his info. Not even 20 yet. wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I have been debating the merits of adding Mike Trout to my fantasy team all day. I saw an excellent break down of players that made their MLB debuts at age 19 in the last 25 years. Only Edgar Renteria and Ken Griffey Jr had real helpful debuts in terms of WAR.

A nice little article here
    http://angels.ocregister.com/2011/07...romoted/87383/

What do some of you expect from this young prodigy?
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I have been debating the merits of adding Mike Trout to my fantasy team all day. I saw an excellent break down of players that made their MLB debuts at age 19 in the last 25 years. Only Edgar Renteria and Ken Griffey Jr had real helpful debuts in terms of WAR.

From a fantasy perspective, I would pick him up if he is available, but probably wouldn't start him right away. He has a chance to provide you some valuable steals from here on forward. He could be a boom/bust type of guy this season (I expect him to be very good in his career, but this season, at his age, its so tough to say). Worth stashing on your bench and seeing what happens though.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post

I'll echo Doug's thoughts. I think he's worth the gamble. I think he's got enough upside he can help you this year, even if he doesn't light the world on fire immediately. He'll still be good for some steals and a decent average.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Just looked up his info. Not even 20 yet. wow.
    Yessir. He's got the entire package.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

This article says that Trout is only up for the weekend.

Make no mistake: the Angels are looking at Friday’s promotion of top prospect Mike Trout to the majors as a short-term fix. The plan is for the 19-year-old to help out this weekend and then return to the minors if the hamstring injury suffered by Peter Bourjos last night proves as minor as hoped.

Who will be better for their career....Trout or Harper? Both are similar ages and ranked 1 & 2.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Who will be better for their career....Trout or Harper? Both are similar ages and ranked 1 & 2.
    I tell you what those two could become the Superstars of their respective leagues for a long long time.

As of now I would say Harper. Trout will be in the AL West which means playing in Seattle and Oakland ALOT. I think it will affect his SLG%... Harper will not be a base-stealer or GG OFer like Trout will be, but I could see him hitting .290 to .315 while eclipsing 30 HR on the regular and 40 to that magical season of 50 in his prime years.
    If you can't be a good example... then you'll just have to be a horrible warning...

Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels...

Turn Off Ads?