Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Janish Optioned

Janish Optioned

Per fay twitter.......Reds recall Zack Cozart and Carlos Fisher and option IF Paul Janish and SP Edinson
    Volquez

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Janish Optioned

This is the best Reds news I've heard in a while.

Janish needed it for his confidence and it's Cozart's time.

That's two moves in 48 hours since the closed door meeting. I expect one more over the next 100 hours. But, this one from outside the organization.

Let's see. The Cards slap them around the first two games of the series. They have a closed-door meeting. Changes start taking place. Sounds sorta kinda kneejerkish to me.

Question: Does anyone think these moves take place if the Reds win the first two games of the series? LOL KNEEJERK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Let's see. The Cards slap them around the first two games of the series. They have a closed-door meeting. Changes start taking place. Sounds sorta kinda kneejerkish to me.

Question: Does anyone think these moves take place if the Reds win the first two games of the series? LOL KNEEJERK!!!
    It isn't kneejerk when a guy has been terrible for the 1st half of the season, if anything it's closing the gate after the horse gets out.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I love kneejerk reactions. Especially when the team is .500 and half the season is over. And especially when the team is sucking eggs on the field.

They won last night, but it was a nailbiter that shouldn't have been.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

The two losses to the Cards were the straws that broke the camel's back, not knee-jerk reactions. Walt doesn't make knee-jerk reactions. Fans do.

I expect it comes down to a man's career,in Janish's or Renteria's case.Hard decisions,when you tell a man more or less life changing news.I respect whoever involved for sticking this long.On the other hand,Cozart is overdue for his upgrade,all things considered.So long Paul,you made some great plays.Hello Zack,make the best of it.
    May the Lord bless

BAKER12

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    That's two moves in 48 hours since the closed door meeting. I expect one more over the next 100 hours. But, this one from outside the organization.
    Someone from the Reds team leaving and someone coming?
    Idea?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The two losses to the Cards were the straws that broke the camel's back, not knee-jerk reactions. Walt doesn't make knee-jerk reactions. Fans do.
    I doubt that.

The trading deadline is at the end of the month. The only have so long to evaluate if Cozart can cut it up here.

Janish/Renteria proved, especially this series, that they are a weak link on the team.

Volquez proved he mentally doesn't have it in him to battle hard enough. Or just needs to work on his command the rest of the season.

Fisher is that fresh arm since the bullpen was spent last night.

I'm sure Bob and Walt despise losing to the Cardinals, and take it personally.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Thank God, I know this is a sore spot, but I still think we should have tried to find ways to keep O-Cab .

Quote Originally Posted by BAKER12 View Post
    Someone from the Reds team leaving and someone coming?
    Idea?
    Way too many options available for Walt to try to pinpoint it down to two or three, yet alone one.

Yes, that is the professional way to make careful, considered decisions. Clear out the clubhouse AFTER a loss and gather all the coaches in a broom closet. LOL. Kneejerk city.
    Last edited by texasdave; 07-07-2011 at 07:22 PM.

So somehow Edgar keeps his job...yea smart move there...

Turn Off Ads?