Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post game show

BAKER12

Post game show

No Dusty and no clubhouse interviews. Almost for sure, Dusty closed door meeting and not a laid back, cool Dusty.

Same thing happened after the sweep in Pittsburgh early last season.

Once had a chance to talk to Jerry Hairston Junior when he was in Kansas City in 2009, he said Dusty is a cool laid back guy, but when he lets the team have it, it is a different guy.

Just a hunch, but would not be surprised as that is why there was no interviews after game.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    BAKER12

Re: Post game show

Thanks for the kind words, I'm sure your a quality person.

Quote Originally Posted by BAKER12 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, I'm sure your a quality person.
    yw

It's easy to see why fans/Dusty/management would be frustrated with this team. I'm sure Dusty did let them have it. I just hope it helps.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Would be nice to get a split.Hopefully a major trade will happen after the break,and maybe catch a spark here and there.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Quote Originally Posted by AintlifeGrande View Post
    Would be nice to get a split.Hopefully a major trade will happen after the break,and maybe catch a spark here and there.
    it would but hopefully atleast 1. hopefully the break helps

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

And I hope Rusty lets em have it!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

No Dusty and no clubhouse interviews. Almost for sure, Dusty closed door meeting and not a laid back, cool Dusty.

Same thing happened after the sweep in Pittsburgh early last season.

Once had a chance to talk to Jerry Hairston Junior when he was in Kansas City in 2009, he said Dusty is a cool laid back guy, but when he lets the team have it, it is a different guy.

Just a hunch, but would not be surprised as that is why there was no interviews after game.
    Wow, this gives me chills. It's like Willis Reed coming out of the locker room. Dusty Baker is gonna get mad....at who? Who does he want to call out? Ryan Hanigan? An offense that scored 7 runs?

Maybe a pitching coach that has no clue how to pitch to opponents? That would be more appropriate.

How about a closed door meeting.....with himself! That would give me chills. I would love to hear Dusty chew himself out for leaving his closer in on a night when anyone with even a passing knowledge of the game could see had nothing.

Dusty could chew himself out for leaving a right hander in against 2 lefties when he had a left hander who has thrown the fastest recorded pitch in the history of the game sitting in the bullpen...having not even picked up a ball.

Yea, the players will surely respond to Baker now. It will be like the Bluto from Animal House:

Bluto: "Over? Did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no."
    Otter: "Germans?"
    Boon: "Forget it. He's rolling."

Dusty blowing up....yea...that's the good stuff...now we roll....everythings gonna be swell from here out.

BAKER12

Quote Originally Posted by FireDusty View Post
    Wow, this gives me chills. It's like Willis Reed coming out of the locker room. Dusty Baker is gonna get mad....at who? Who does he want to call out? Ryan Hanigan? An offense that scored 7 runs?

Maybe a pitching coach that has no clue how to pitch to opponents? That would be more appropriate.

How about a closed door meeting.....with himself! That would give me chills. I would love to hear Dusty chew himself out for leaving his closer in on a night when anyone with even a passing knowledge of the game could see had nothing.

Dusty could chew himself out for leaving a right hander in against 2 lefties when he had a left hander who has thrown the fastest recorded pitch in the history of the game sitting in the bullpen...having not even picked up a ball.

Yea, the players will surely respond to Baker now. It will be like the Bluto from Animal House:

Bluto: "Over? Did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no."
    Otter: "Germans?"
    Boon: "Forget it. He's rolling."

Dusty blowing up....yea...that's the good stuff...now we roll....everythings gonna be swell from here out.

Who was the manager of the Reds last year when they won the division?
    Oh yes, forgot your brilliant point that winning the division was bad for the Cincinnati Reds.

It is obvious you HATE and I mean HATE Dusty, why torture yourself rooting for a team, led by a guy that you have such hatred for?

Who was the manager of the Reds last year when they won the division?
    Oh yes, forgot your brilliant point that winning the division was bad for the Cincinnati Reds.

It is obvious you HATE and I mean HATE Dusty, why torture yourself rooting for a team, led by a guy that you have such hatred for?
    Answers:

Q-Who was the manager of the Reds last year when they won the division?
    A-Dusty Baker

Q-It is obvious you HATE and I mean HATE Dusty, why torture yourself rooting for a team, led by a guy that you have such hatred for?
    A-This is how you get bad managers fired. Fans start a title wave of hatred for the doomed manager and the manager eventually falls. Dusty will be no different. I promise you, I will be a die hard Reds fan long, long after Dusty is gone. Reds fans who hate Dusty Baker will get what they want. It will take some time, but Reds fans will get what they want. Take it to the bank.

BAKER12

LOL at saying the doomed manager. He led the team to the division title last year and has won multiple manager of the year awards. Dusty is 62, so you probably will be out of your misery within a few years. Maybe he will curse the franchise with another post season trip or two before he retires.

u cant even read the forum sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by FireDusty View Post
    Answers:

Q-Who was the manager of the Reds last year when they won the division?
    A-Dusty Baker

Q-It is obvious you HATE and I mean HATE Dusty, why torture yourself rooting for a team, led by a guy that you have such hatred for?
    A-This is how you get bad managers fired. Fans start a title wave of hatred for the doomed manager and the manager eventually falls. Dusty will be no different. I promise you, I will be a die hard Reds fan long, long after Dusty is gone. Reds fans who hate Dusty Baker will get what they want. It will take some time, but Reds fans will get what they want. Take it to the bank.
    I find it humorous how manager after manager after manager in Cincinnati becomes the scapegoat. Maybe the backlash of the fans should be aimed at the front office who continually fails to make moves to improve this team. They've admitted they needed a RH power bat the last 3 offseasons, and who have they added? You may be right, Dusty may fall, but shouldn't you learn that ray knight, bob boone, jack mckeon, jerry narron, and pete mackanin leaving changes nothing? The front office is a bigger problem than the manager. If Dusty is fired there will be a big celebration, all i'm saying is enjoy the celebration because it won't change anything. It's a culture change that is needed, and an atmosphere of winning and competitiveness that needs to be created, which starts at the top.
    Last edited by mroby85; 07-09-2011 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I find it humorous how manager after manager after manager in Cincinnati becomes the scapegoat. Maybe the backlash of the fans should be aimed at the front office who continually fails to make moves to improve this team. They've admitted they needed a RH power bat the last 3 offseasons, and who have they added? You may be right, Dusty may fall, but shouldn't you learn that ray knight, bob boone, jack mckeon, jerry narron, and pete mackanin leaving changes nothing? The front office is a bigger problem than the manager. If Dusty is fired there will be a big celebration, all i'm saying is enjoy the celebration because it won't change anything. It's a culture change that is needed, and an atmosphere of winning and competitiveness that needs to be created, which starts at the top.
    Much better talent now than any of the teams that the managers you mentioned had. None of those managers had the talent Dusty has, not to mention the deepest farm system the club has had since the mid 1960's.

I would love to see what Ray Knight could do with this club. I would take him back in a second. Of the above managers, only Bob Boone had me this dead set on his removal.

LOL at saying the doomed manager. He led the team to the division title last year and has won multiple manager of the year awards. Dusty is 62, so you probably will be out of your misery within a few years. Maybe he will curse the franchise with another post season trip or two before he retires.
    Baker will be gone after the 2012 season at the latest. If the wheels fall off bad enough, Walt will eat his salary and he'll be gone this offseason.

Absolutely zero chance that Dusty Baker is the manager in 2013.

Turn Off Ads?