Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Homer Bailey

Homer Bailey

I sure am getting tired of waiting for the"great" Homer Bailey to start fulfilling
    his expectations. I think he doesn't have it between the ears and will always just be a below average pitcher in this league

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Homer Bailey

The starting pitching problem we have doesn't end with Bailey.I hope things turn around.Where I thought we had depth,now looks thin.Hopefully Willis carries over his stats and Wood,Volquez(I still hold out hope),and Arroyo begin to pitch like we know they can.
    May the Lord bless

I don't know that he's below average now. I think he's more average...if he could cut out his brain lapses he can still be very good. Even with those lapses he's been better than Arroyo and Volquez this year, minus the part where Homer gets injured on the regular.

Good point about his past injuries...and it usually seems to be his shoulder, which is trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I don't know that he's below average now. I think he's more average...if he could cut out his brain lapses he can still be very good. Even with those lapses he's been better than Arroyo and Volquez this year, minus the part where Homer gets injured on the regular.
    Yep. I also think people forget he's still 25 (like 6 months older than travis wood iirc) and he's gotten a little better every year. Folks he's still learning to pitch rather than simply relying on a mid 90's fastball. I don't know that he'll ever be great, but I think if and that's a big if he can stay healthy he's a top of the line 3 or a decent 2.

Stat geek...and proud

How come when Bailey gets beat up it's a "brain lapse" and he "doesn't have it between the ears" but if it's anybody else they just got beat? There is a creeping anti-Homer bias going through this board and let me tell you, Homer Bailey is the least of worries right now. Bray is going through a funk. Coco is going through a funk, Bronson has just been BAD and the offense hasn't been able to score until the past couple of nights.

Bailey is still young. I can't see trading him yet. He has improved every year. As he gets more experience, I believe he will develop more confidence and be less subject to failing under pressure. Every person is different and it may take Bailey a little more time to adjust to pressure. Anyone can tell you how mental this game is, and you have to be relaxed to play it well. Give him some more time. What we want is for all these young players we have to gel at the same time. That is what it's going to take to win a championship.

There are always times where players just need a change of scenary and both sides will be better off. I think that this is the case.

HAHAHA!
    Nice game Homer
    He is not young anymore...he will be out of this league in 2-3 years so he is relatively old.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantly View Post
    HAHAHA!
    Nice game Homer
    He is not young anymore...he will be out of this league in 2-3 years so he is relatively old.
    hes 25. young. who knows if ever good tho.

I'm not convinced we have a game plan. We pitch great against teams we play all the time, then......in interleague and against the NL East, we struggle.

Advanced scouting.

It's funny - in his next game he'll pitch well and be back to being the future ace of this team. He is close to the whipping boy of the pitching rotation.

Turn Off Ads?