Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: US Women's Soccer Team Royally Screwed

Re: US Women's Soccer Team Royally Screwed

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Yeah, I considered that at the time...the red card really meant nothing - the offender was not going to take pk's and the game was going to be over after that free kick. I just can't make myself believe she made an intelligent decision to do that in the heat of the moment. She was beaten and she panicked.
    That was the best red card since Luis Suarez's hand ball in the men's WC last year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    So have you watched the Copa America much? Do you have a favorite club or country besides the US?
    I haven't had the chance to watch much Copa America except for highlights but the passion in the tournament is always exceptional. Because my family is mostly English I cheer for England when the US is not involved. My mother lived most of her childhood in Germany so I also like to see the Germans do well and feel the Bundesliga is currently the most exciting league in the world.

As for clubs I support Columbus Crew and Fulham (due mostly to Brian McBride's time there). I developed a soft spot for Bristol City during time spent in that area a few years ago. When I was a new fan with no local club I admit to having cheered for Arsenal; I have since seen the error of my ways though they do play beautiful football. My mother is a lifelong Bayern supporter so it always makes me happy to see them doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I haven't had the chance to watch much Copa America except for highlights but the passion in the tournament is always exceptional. Because my family is mostly English I cheer for England when the US is not involved. My mother lived most of her childhood in Germany so I also like to see the Germans do well and feel the Bundesliga is currently the most exciting league in the world.

As for clubs I support Columbus Crew and Fulham (due mostly to Brian McBride's time there). I developed a soft spot for Bristol City during time spent in that area a few years ago. When I was a new fan with no local club I admit to having cheered for Arsenal; I have since seen the error of my ways though they do play beautiful football. My mother is a lifelong Bayern supporter so it always makes me happy to see them doing well.

The Germans. They deserve as much pub if not more than Brazil....but since they won w/o flair and were considered, in typical stereotype.....as the precise Germans while the Brazilians played "beautiful" they are overlooked, IMO.

I think Brazil is going through a down cycle like the late 70s' after Pele retired...... even Uruguay beat them 3-0 in the U-17's and while Uruguay can beat Brazil, in tournaments they always seem to fall short for a variety of reasons....the "In your head" factor being a primary one. The Germans meanwhile...continue to steamroll at almost all levels.

England = Argentina. I think there is some correlation there with their NT and their outcomes in the last 20 years.

Bundesliga...Great, underrated league...that is NOT losing money in Europe, like the others are.

My father tried out for and was in a reserve squad for 2 years at Penarol in the late 60's. Almost like a Taxi Squad type of deal. i think he played ina couple of clubs but nothing memorable.
    No one remembers how good they used to be, but they are considered or were considered one of the best. So that is my favorite.
    Of course, I follow all the Uruguayan players at Porto (Fucile, Pereira, Cebolla) and in Napoli (Cavani, Gargano)

Turn Off Ads?